New firmware release for all Versions of Envisalinks

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

New firmware release for all Versions of Envisalinks

Post by GrandWizard »

This is a heads-up for a network-wide firmware release for all versions of Envisalink. The changes seem to be more housekeeping but there are some bug fixes and new features.

Updates will begin after 14:00 UTC tomorrow, January 31st, 2017.

Envisalink 4 - DSC, Honeywell, and UNO
Changelog from 1.0.95 to 1.0.102
- Honeywell Zone Delinquency bug fixed
- UNO buzzer now follows zones
- Application firewall added and turned on by default. You must now opt-out of not firewalling public Internet traffic for both HTTP and TPI.
- Minor bug fixes

Envisalink 3 - DSC, and Honeywell
Changelog from 1.12.177 to 1.12.180
- Honeywell Zone Delinquency bug fixed
- Application firewall added and turned on by default. You must now opt-out of not firewalling public Internet traffic for both HTTP and TPI.
- Minor bug fixes

EDIT: For those who want to turn off the new application firewall, change your Envisalink password to something other than the default. This applies to both the internal webserver and the API (TPI).
Aqua-Passion

Re: New firmware release for all Versions of Envisalinks

Post by Aqua-Passion »

Hello,
very annoying problems with the upgrades and the NFA2P EU/FR DSC alarm models !
see here
http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... 6&start=10

If you can not resolve the issue, you can at least create an option to disable automatic updates please ?

Thanks,
Best regards, Stephane
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Aqua-Passion wrote:Hello,
very annoying problems with the upgrades and the NFA2P EU/FR DSC alarm models !
see here
http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... 6&start=10

If you can not resolve the issue, you can at least create an option to disable automatic updates please ?

Thanks,
Best regards, Stephane
You can't resolve the issue due to the fact there is no way to reboot and reflash the Envisalink in less than 10 seconds (very small supervisory window on EU models) but you can certainly turn the option off (which it is by default).

Turn option 5, in Section 019 (7th System Option) to OFF. This will stop the siren from sounding during a momentary keybus fault.

K
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Until GW updates his posting:

To disable the application firewall on the Envisalink you simply need to change the local password from something other than "user" and longer than 4 digits.

This should be a no-brainer but many people still like to leave their front-door open I guess.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

What is (was) the Honeywell Zone Delinquency bug ? I tried searching the forum to understand but could not find it.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Jeff H wrote:What is (was) the Honeywell Zone Delinquency bug ? I tried searching the forum to understand but could not find it.
We called it Zone Inactivity Timers, but the technical name was Zone Delinquency. Basically the feature didn't work on most Honeywell panels after it was released so anyone who needed to use it had to be put on the BETA firmware stream for the fix. Now they don't.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Thank you. So that is an Envisalert Plus feature correct?
jimbrown

Post by jimbrown »

Anyone have an issue where you are unable to view local Envisalink webpage? after update? I'm able to ping local IP, but when I try in a browser nothing. I can login via the mobile link and eyez-on website. I use the AllSecure IOS app and it uses the LOCAL website to update the app. I don't know if its a Envisalink module password issue but it's obvious the local web server problem and because I can't login locally I can't manage the device. any help is greatly appreciated.
ptr454

Post by ptr454 »

Since the update, can not seem to access the EVL4 webpage locally. Can ping but cannot access the local webpage for management. The online Eyezon management still works but there is a huge timing delay.
Also, home automation (homeseer) cannot access the EVL4 card due to a socket error despite serveral reboots. Any idea what this would be?
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

I accessed my local page no problem I am on the default username and password.