EnvisaLink keypad

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

sats4eva

EnvisaLink keypad

Post by sats4eva »

Hi guys
I wanted to know if there a wireless keypad I can install in the basement for example that runs off the EnvisaLink. so in addition to using my phone to control my alarm I was wondering if there is a wIfi panel I can stick to my wall to control the alarm
GMc

Re: EnvisaLink keypad

Post by GMc »

What manufacturer/model panel do you have?
sats4eva

Post by sats4eva »

DSC 832 (5010)
user17600

Post by user17600 »

There are a couple of apps you could put on an old android phone that can connect to the EVL on your intranet. Envisadroid (older) and DSCkeypad (recommended, frequently updated, with a paid version that can - supposedly - support multiple connections).
user17600

Post by user17600 »

Update: for giggles I bought the paid version of DSCkeypad, called DSCserver. It includes DSCkeypad. I was skeptical, but by converting an older android phone I can indeed use that as a server to connect multiple instances of DSCkeypad, which means the limit of one device connecting to the EVL3 is removed.

It also has settings that allow for remote (off-premises) control, but that seems kind of insecure, since it requires port-forwarding and firewall opening. I already have a VPN back to my intranet, but others might find the option interesting.