Mobile page - observations & suggestions

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

roningram

Mobile page - observations & suggestions

Post by roningram »

My wife & I have been using the mobile browser version in its previous version and its updated version. We both use BB 9800 Torch. Overall the new mobile browser page looks good - very tidy layout - good job! I have the following observations:

1. When I send an 'Arm' command I see a yellow box for the command queue and the grey box for the status (as of last page refresh). There isn't an automatic refresh and I can't find a way to manually refresh this screen if I want to verify the command was successful.

2. When I'm taken to the 'Confirm Disarm' page I find I have to use my trackball to move the cursor focus into the 'Code' field. If possible the cursor focus should go directly to the 'Code' field without my intervention.

3. When I tried to enter my numeric code to disarm the system, I learned (after several failed attempts) that the field is not being treated as numeric. Other BB apps automatically adjust their behavior to enter numeric data without requiring repeated use of the 'Alt' key on the BB. Can this not be done with the eyez-on page? The disarm code can only be numeric on a DSC system.

4. No status update for 'Disarm' function - same issue as 1.

5. I'm noticing my email receives 2 messages for each event. Prior to the recent upgrades it only received one. I didn't change anything at my end. The status history on the mobile webpage doesn't show these duplicates.

6. The zone grid shown has 64 points. My system has 16. If I ever had 64 zones and they were all labeled only with integers I'd probably be a little frustrated. Would it be possible/practical for a user to personalize this grid so it is more like a list like this?:
1. Front lobby
2. Garage bay doors
3. Upper deck doors
4. Garage inside door
5. Lower deck doors
6. etc...

7. In my view the 'Zone Activity' page still has too much blank space between rows.

8. I note on the 'Zone Activity' page there is a 'refresh' icon in the upper right title bar. Could this refresh function also be added to the 'command queue' page? If so, could it drive a refresh of the status info only and not the entire page (faster & less traffic)?