Question about Reboot command

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

JAlexander

Question about Reboot command

Post by JAlexander »

I would like to know just what the "Reboot" command on the portal does? Does it perform a warm reboot of the panel or just cause a reboot to the 2DS card? When my panel gets a fail to communicate after an alarm the panel will show trouble. And I have to completely power down the panel ( Power 864 ) and restart to the trouble. It would sure be nice to be able to command a full reboot remotely.

I guess that I could wire the AC power and battery power through a relay that could be triggered, Now that the panel will automatically pick up network time, it would be fairly easy.

Any other ideas?
Thanks!
quatchi

Re: Question about Reboot command

Post by quatchi »

Are you using your phone line for communications/monitoring? If not you should disable communications and you won't get that error after alarm. The 2DS does not require this setting enabled for it to work.
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

Do you have a GSM module for cellular monitoring?
JAlexander

Post by JAlexander »

I am using a phone line on the system. One of the guys that wants notified on alarm just refuses text messaging. He still wants the residential dial notification. Which would be ok if he never missed a call, but when that happens I get a fail to communicate error that will not clear unless I power down and restart.

Back to my question. What does the Reboot command actually do? I know that it doesn't really reboot the system.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The reboot command just does a warm-start of the Envisalink module. I've never heard of way to warm-start the panel.

Back to your FTC problem, isn't there some setting like "Pager" that won't generate an FTC.
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

FTC faults can be automatically cleared when the panel performs the next successful transmission..

If you haven't already, set the panel to perform Periodic Test Transmissions at a specific time daily.. Once it send a test transmission, it clears the fault..

You really should look into why the panel can't communicate first..