Reply to my monitoring request

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

stevew

Re: Reply to my monitoring request

Post by stevew »

So the issue with the wireless bridge would be this:

If your neighbour is on the same type of connection (DSL) as you are, when you go down, so does the neighbour.

For solid redundancy, GSM wireless (2060) is the way to go. You will likely NEVER lose comms with the central if you go that way...just sayin'...
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."
Bill D

Post by Bill D »

An alternate back-up communications path is interesting, but it would be nice not to have to sign up with a second monitoring company.

The monitoring data sheet for EnvisAlarm has a place to specify "Alt Com (if applicable):".

If any EnvisaFolks are tuned in here - What is that field for?
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Future use. Stay tuned... ;)
Bill D

Post by Bill D »

Rich - - If it's like your other features, I'm sure it will be worth waiting for, so I'll put my backup comm plans on hold for now.

Thumbs up on everything the 2DS does so far. I've been on EnvisAlarm Monitoring for 2 weeks, the call response is fast and precise. I've also added a zone expander, RF receiver and a second partition for zone follower alerts only. So far, the 2DS is letting me accomplish everything I can imagine needing for my 2nd home without breaking the bank.