Upgraded Camera Support

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

EyezOnRich

Upgraded Camera Support

Post by EyezOnRich »

Some of you may have noticed that the Security details page has changed somewhat.

These changes are part of our new more integrated support of video cameras. Currently we have added support for the Foscam FI8903W/04W/05W series. We will be adding more cameras over the next few weeks.
Attachments
From mobile portal
From mobile portal
backyardcamiPhonesm.png (155.92 KiB) Viewed 58607 times
Camera viewer page
Camera viewer page
backyardcam.png (186.51 KiB) Viewed 58607 times
From the details page
From the details page
portalcams.png (45.28 KiB) Viewed 58607 times
JediKnight2

Re: Upgraded Camera Support

Post by JediKnight2 »

Would be nice to see one added that uses Power Over Ethernet (POE)...I have my lines run, but was planning on NOT having to run power out and using POE to run the cams...just a thought.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

A very good thought.

We are looking at a few other camera lines as well and there is a rumour that Foscam is introducing a POE cam shortly.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

The Foscam FI8910W wit Pan/Tilt control has been added now.
binburra

Post by binburra »

Hi
The DCS-5635 Wireless H.264 PTZ Network Camera is an absolute beauty and is very compatible with many apps and has on board web server. I use this with my Vera system which also integrates the 2ds very nicely. Would love to see this camera gets listed. Let me know if you want to arrange access to use it as a test bench
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=854
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Will you be looking at the Logitech Alert Security Cameras?
billinaz

Post by billinaz »

I wish I never bought the logitech alert cameras! They are way too overpriced.

A much better camera solution is to use wireless IP cameras (I get them when they are about $50) and the software from blue iris (blueirissoftware.com)

For the price on one logitech camera (that drops out because I have a 2 story house and the different electrical circuits) I can get 4 or 5 cameras.......

You can also use this software for the logitech alert cameras, and get the features (plus more) that logitech charges you extra for.
DareDevil

Post by DareDevil »

Onvif is good.
JediKnight2

Post by JediKnight2 »

I have a Trendnet TV-IP512P that I would love to get working. I would be more than willing to do any tests you guys might need me to do, etc to get it added. They do have a Android/Apple app. The first problem I see is that I set it up as a generic cam, but I need to have a username/password for the camera.
ddimit

Post by ddimit »

Ok here's one a bit off topic.

just installed the 2DS love it! been waiting years for something like this to come around.

I have a home built stand alone DVR system that records 4 cameras.

the software is susposed to support IP access Although I have never played around with this functionality.
It's been alwasy easier to Remote into the system using teamviewer (its a Windows XP) system.

I want to keep the funtionaity of that since it gives me 2 weeks work of video data if needed. But would be totally cool to be able to use the 2ds functionality to see a quick 4 pane camera overview