Email / SMS Alert questions

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

jstreet

Email / SMS Alert questions

Post by jstreet »

I'm looking at getting a IP100D for my new alarm system and have a couple of questions on the email/SMS alert feature. I'm wondering how customizable the alerts are? Can you setup different alerts for different events. For example if I want an email and a text message if the alarm is tripped but just an email when someone turns the system off is that possible to setup? Can you provide some screen shots of the screen to setup those alerts?

Thanks!
EyezOnRich

Re: Email / SMS Alert questions

Post by EyezOnRich »

Sure here is a screen shot of the alert options. These can be customized per contact.
Alert options
Alert options
alertoptions.png (31.04 KiB) Viewed 9522 times
jstreet

Post by jstreet »

Thanks! I think that answers my questions.
vicw

Post by vicw »

I just finished my installation of my DSC system, and the IP100D, and I was amazed to see that it was accessible immediately upon my first power up of the system, with my having done nothing to configure it. Pretty amazing. :P

I managed to generate emails to myself based on the info in this thread, but It's not clear to me whether or not the capability exists in the IP100D to generate text messages. I hope it can, as that would be helpful for getting immediate text messaging during the late night hours, when the cell is normally muted.

Update: I figured out I could fwd each Security Event notice from gmail as SMS to my cell on Verizon using a filter, so I'm OK.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Vicw, you can also set up a new contact like "Vic SMS" and put the SMS e-mail format for your provider in that field.

For example with Canadian carriers it goes as follows: Bell Canada: [10-digit-phone-number]@txt.bellmobility.ca ... Rogers: [10-digit- phone-number]@pcs.rogers.com. ... Telus:10digitmobilenumber@msg.telus.com (e.g., 4031234567@msg.telus.com)

You would have to find out from your provider what format they use. I believe AT&T is domestic-number@txt.att.net, but they are all different.