Router not recognizing 2DS

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mkilkie

Router not recognizing 2DS

Post by mkilkie »

I've just installed a 2DS module replacing a DSC TL-150 that was working perfectly with the same router, network cable etc.

The problem is that the module does not appear to be registering with my router.

I've checked the router's DCHP table and there is no entry corresponding to the 2DS's MAC address.

All lights on the 2DS indicate that it's functioning normally.

I've rebooted the modem. I've powered of the alarm system and checked all of the connections with the module but no luck.

I'm stumped and open to suggestions.
GrandWizard

Re: Router not recognizing 2DS

Post by GrandWizard »

Describe what your LEDs are doing. I no you said they look normal but could you describe what each of the four LEDs are doing?

Also, can you see your module in your Eyezon portal account?
kevin

Post by kevin »

mkilkie wrote:I've just installed a 2DS module replacing a DSC TL-150 that was working perfectly with the same router, network cable etc.

The problem is that the module does not appear to be registering with my router.

I've checked the router's DCHP table and there is no entry corresponding to the 2DS's MAC address.

All lights on the 2DS indicate that it's functioning normally.

I've rebooted the modem. I've powered of the alarm system and checked all of the connections with the module but no luck.

I'm stumped and open to suggestions.
Give the module some time. It will try to contact the Eyez-On server and at that time you should see it in your network.
mkilkie

Post by mkilkie »

The problem was with the module. It's since been replaced and the new one is working perfectly.

Eyez-on support has been phenomenal.