Will this Work: Honeywell 5816 Wireless Sensors with the EnvisaLink 4

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

hionhifi

Will this Work: Honeywell 5816 Wireless Sensors with the EnvisaLink 4

Post by hionhifi »

Hello, I currently am looking a way to upgrade my current Honeywell LynxR2 System with 14 wireless zones utilizing the Honeywell 5816 sensors.

My Honeywell LynxR2 isn't listed as being supported by EnvisaLink so I expect to have to upgrade to a Honeywell 20P. My question is since my zones are wireless door and window sensors, will Envisalink 4 still communicate with them? I would think yes since the EnvisaLink is communicating with the 20P on the data bus like a keypad. In which case the EnvisaLink 4 is able to read whatever data is being pushed across the bus from the 20P which encompasses the wireless sensor data. Is this the correct way to think about it?

Will the EnvisaLink 4 work with 20P wireless zone sensors? There are no hardwired zone at the moment.

File_008.jpeg
File_008.jpeg (312.57 KiB) Viewed 10896 times
File_000 (2).jpeg
File_000 (2).jpeg (257.23 KiB) Viewed 10896 times
Crikey

Re: Will this Work: Honeywell 5816 Wireless Sensors with the EnvisaLink 4

Post by Crikey »

I have an EVL4 in an Ademco/Honeywell Vista 20P panel, using a Honeywell 6162rf keypad. Nearly all of my zones are wired, but, I do have a Ademco/Honeywell 5800PIR-COM wireless motion sensor and a Honeywell 5822T wireless Garage Tilt Sensor.

Everything works like a champ. And, yes: The wireless zones behave just like the wired zones with respect to the EVL4.
GMc

Post by GMc »

I have an EVL4 in an Honeywell Vista 20P panel, also using a Honeywell 6162rf keypad, and all my zones are wireless. EVL4 works GREAT!
hionhifi

Post by hionhifi »

Thank you both for your replies. I'll look at a 21ip and 6162rf.
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

hionhifi wrote:Thank you both for your replies. I'll look at a 21ip and 6162rf.
If you're putting in an EVL4, why a 21P? Honeywell VISTA 20P vs VISTA 21iP
hionhifi

Post by hionhifi »

Crikey wrote:
hionhifi wrote:Thank you both for your replies. I'll look at a 21ip and 6162rf.
If you're putting in an EVL4, why a 21P? Honeywell VISTA 20P vs VISTA 21iP
Because I was under the impression that the 21ip was needed for cellular backup for if I decide to sign up with professional monitoring. But as I understand it now, a 4G cellular card can be installed in the 20p.

Two possible routes I could take would be...
1. IP Based Monitoring with just the evl-4 - $10 with EnvisaAlarm
2. Cellular Based Monitoring - $20 with any number of providers. And the benefit of Alarm.com.
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

FWIW: I'm using EnvisAlarm & I'm quite pleased with it.

One time, recently, my wife told me, as I was leaving in the morning, "I'm getting up." This means "Don't set the alarm." I didn't hear her and she didn't realize it. So she opened the doorwall when she got up and...

Monitoring people were on the phone before she could clear the alarm :) They were also on the phone tout de suite when the sump well (flood) alarm triggered a month of two after installation. (Installer [moi] screw-up. Neglected to change-out the EOLR from 5.6k -> 2k and the panel finally decided to let me know. Why it took it a month I do not know.)

I've worked with them when doing my setup walk-through. Then a few days later when I added the garage door tilt. Very easy people with which to work.

(Even when you inadvertently send them a "zone tamper" fault...)
hionhifi

Post by hionhifi »

Crikey wrote:FWIW: I'm using EnvisAlarm & I'm quite pleased with it.

One time, recently, my wife told me, as I was leaving in the morning, "I'm getting up." This means "Don't set the alarm." I didn't hear her and she didn't realize it. So she opened the doorwall when she got up and...

Monitoring people were on the phone before she could clear the alarm :) They were also on the phone tout de suite when the sump well (flood) alarm triggered a month of two after installation. (Installer [moi] screw-up. Neglected to change-out the EOLR from 5.6k -> 2k and the panel finally decided to let me know. Why it took it a month I do not know.)

I've worked with them when doing my setup walk-through. Then a few days later when I added the garage door tilt. Very easy people with which to work.

(Even when you inadvertently send them a "zone tamper" fault...)
Good to know. Has anyone used home automation with the EnvisaLink 4? Something like IFFFT?
hionhifi

Post by hionhifi »

Crikey wrote:I have an EVL4 in an Ademco/Honeywell Vista 20P panel, using a Honeywell 6162rf keypad. Nearly all of my zones are wired, but, I do have a Ademco/Honeywell 5800PIR-COM wireless motion sensor and a Honeywell 5822T wireless Garage Tilt Sensor.

Everything works like a champ. And, yes: The wireless zones behave just like the wired zones with respect to the EVL4.
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 20P/EVL-4/Keypad combo but I'm having a hard time deciding on which keypad to get. Several folks here use the 6162RF while still others use the 6160RF. Why did you choose the 6162RF over the 6160RF? Please feel free to answer if you have either keypad.

Also is it ok to buy an EVL-4 from an eBAY retailer?
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

hionhifi wrote: I'm about to pull the trigger on a 20P/EVL-4/Keypad combo but I'm having a hard time deciding on which keypad to get. Several folks here use the 6162RF while still others use the 6160RF. Why did you choose the 6162RF over the 6160RF?
The 6162rf being the replacement/upgrade to the 6160rf is why I chose it. It was only a few bucks more, IIRC.
hionhifi wrote: Also is it ok to buy an EVL-4 from an eBAY retailer?
*shrug* I suppose. I bought mine from Amazon, which is whence I acquired most of my new system's hardware--from panel, to keypad, to EVL4, to wireless sensors, to wired contacts.