Resurrecting the Dead: LynxR 2 and EnvisaLink 4. Is it possible?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

hionhifi

Resurrecting the Dead: LynxR 2 and EnvisaLink 4. Is it possible?

Post by hionhifi »

So as you can read from the title I have an older Honeywell LynxR 2 Security System. I would like the benefits of the EVL-4 while using what I have on hand. The EVL-4 is designed to work with HW Vista Panels and I thought since the LynxR 2 is the progenitor of these panels I might be able to shoehorn it into action. Saving me the cost of buying a 20P and trailing hardware. Here's why I think it will work.

The EVL-4 "talks" to the HW as a keypad through the HW's 4,5,6,7 Pins. My LynxR 2 has the came connections and may likely speak the same language as the 20P. You can see what I mean in the diagram below.

What do you think?
LynxR2_Board Layout_Condensed.png
LynxR2_Board Layout_Condensed.png (73.69 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
GrandWizard

Re: Resurrecting the Dead: LynxR 2 and EnvisaLink 4. Is it possible?

Post by GrandWizard »

No, the Lynx is not compatible at all. That data-out line and sync-in is for X-10 powerline carrier devices.

Sorry but you'll have to switch to a 20P if you want to use the Envisalink. They are pretty cheap.
hionhifi

Post by hionhifi »

GrandWizard wrote:No, the Lynx is not compatible at all. That data-out line and sync-in is for X-10 powerline carrier devices.

Sorry but you'll have to switch to a 20P if you want to use the Envisalink. They are pretty cheap.
I feared that was the answer! Thanks GrandWizard.
hionhifi

Post by hionhifi »

I got the Vista 20P, and EnvisaLink EVL-4 ordered today. I plan use a Samsung SmartThings integration to integrate it into my Home Automation System. :D Bye, bye LynxR 2.