How do I interpret zone colouring on the zone grid?

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

How do I interpret zone colouring on the zone grid?

Post by GrandWizard »

The feature of "zone aging" and the zone grid are some of our most popular features but for new users that come from a more traditional security background it may be hard to understand at first.

The zone grid (available on local envisalink page, the portal, and the mobile portal) allows a user to see, at a glance, the occupancy of the premise. When a zone is opened/faulted, the zone grid will show the zone as bright red with black text for the zone number. Hovering your mouse pointer over the zone number will show the name of the zone, and the fact it is OPEN.

When the zone closes/restores, the zone text will change to white to indicate that it is closed but the background colour will stay bright red to indicate that the zone recently closed. The zone will slowly go from bright red to black over time (about 3 hours) to give you a rough indication of the zone closure's "age".

This feature is very important in systems with a lot of PIRs (motion detectors) installed as they only show open for a couple of seconds and you would probably miss the fact it was open entirely unless you sat and stared at the page.

To further enhance the service, if you hover you mouse pointer over a closed zone, it will tell you exactly how long ago the zone closed. So if you would like to know when your teenage daughter <i>actually</i> left the house for school, you can look at the zone for your front door and it will tell you.

Zone aging timers expire after 72 hours but if you would like to reset them for some reason, you can do this by rebooting your Envisalink either through a portal command, or from the "Network" page on the local Envisalink webpage.

NOTE: Honeywll users should expect at least a 30 second latency when restoring a zone due to inherent limiations with their panels. It most cases the latency is about 1 minute. So while a zone fault appears almost instantly, the reporting of the restoral may be a minute behind the actual event.
GrandWizard

Re: How do I interpret zone colouring on the zone grid?

Post by GrandWizard »

A new feature for DSC, SOLO, and UNO users is that zones that are manually bypassed (*1 bypassing) will show on the zone grid in BLUE. If the zone is open then the RED and BLUE will add together to make magenta. If the zone is closed it will just appear as BLUE.

This only applies to manually bypassed zones. If you have interior zones that are automatically bypassed when the partition is set to Arm Stay, they will not be shown.

This feature is in the following firmware updates

E3 - 1.12.183
E4 - 1.1.109