Alarm message questions

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mm123

Alarm message questions

Post by mm123 »

Currently I have my alarm set to email/text me for an alarm, an arm, and a disarm. Could someone explain to me what triggers the "special closing" whenever I get an arm or disarm message, and can it be turned off.

Also, every message(per email) states the action twice, for example;
[Security Event: Home Arm Mode]
Security Event: Home Arm Mode
Time:XXXXXX

This seems repetitive, it makes me think that I can somehow manipulate how I would like the alarm to readout when I receive it. Is this possible?

Thanks!
GrandWizard

Re: Alarm message questions

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi there, the IP100D reports the internal events of your DSC panel verbatim. These are the same events that you would see in your local event log (*6). Special Closing means that a closing (arming of the system) has happened without a known user. Typically you will see this if you quick arm, or use the Arm Stay/Away buttons on your keypad or portal. You will also see this if you arm with a wireless FOB.

Right now we don't have an easy way to allow users to turn off specific events (there are over 2000 of them!), only event types.

As for your question about email formats, we include the event in the subject line of the email as well as the body. This is because most users would like to receive events on their phones and don't want to open the email just to know what it is about.

There is currently no way of controlling the format of email alerts but if you would like to suggest a new feature, please do! The features of the Portal and the products and definitely driven by our user's suggestions.
mm123

Re: Alarm message questions

Post by mm123 »

Thank you very much for explaining my questions so thoroughly. It is greatly appreciated. I understand each explanation and it helps tremendously when I can understand what is actually happening with the system in order to alleviate any aggravation.

Thanks again,