Wink Hub/App Integration

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

K-Man

Re: Wink Hub/App Integration

Post by K-Man »

autumnwalker wrote:any update on integration with Wink? I have been waiting so long for this ... Wink has other alarm components which are available.
No, WINK hasn't registered with us yet. I would ask them if they intend on supporting DSC and Honeywell panels. Maybe they aren't aware of the Envisalink.
autumnwalker

Post by autumnwalker »

K-Man wrote:
autumnwalker wrote:any update on integration with Wink? I have been waiting so long for this ... Wink has other alarm components which are available.
No, WINK hasn't registered with us yet. I would ask them if they intend on supporting DSC and Honeywell panels. Maybe they aren't aware of the Envisalink.
I will reach out to them and see what I can find out. Is it possible for EyezOn to register with Wink?
MFLII

Post by MFLII »

any update?
mikep

Post by mikep »

BK553 wrote:The problem is that every solution requires another server running locally, with ports forwarded, to work. So I have to run my own server to talk to the web server in the envisalink to talk to a crappy app made by who knows that I have on my phone?
Wink IS another server running locally. It makes outgoing calls so you don't have to forward ports, but it's still poking a hole and bridging into your private network. And cloud is just another word for web servers (in this context) so with any of those proprietary hubs you're surrendering control to one or more vendors and putting more of your personal data into their clouds.

IMO it seems safer to use eyezon for remote access. Keep your security system separate from a general (non security skilled) hub vendor. And if automation is needed use a non-proprietary local automation hub rather than an integrated cloud hub so you can block it from getting out of your local network.
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver