For Techies - Open Source Android Application for 2DS

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Jsalinger

For Techies - Open Source Android Application for 2DS

Post by Jsalinger »

Hi everyone,

I was a member of the beta for the TPI, and I have been working on an open-source Android app for the 2DS for a little over a month. This is just a hobby for me, so I have been hoping others who are interested might want to get involved with and help improve the project.

Even if you do not have expertise in Java/Android development, you might be interested in giving my google code site a look:

https://code.google.com/p/homewatcher/

It contains my work-in-progress source code and an APK (Android application file) for what I've built so far.

Thanks!

JSalinger
Tyrewt

Re: For Techies - Open Source Android Application for 2DS

Post by Tyrewt »

Interesting project. I for one would love to see the portal software turn Open Source so that I may run my own server.
Jsalinger

Re: Open Source Android Application for 2DS

Post by Jsalinger »

Hi again everyone,

Just wanted to let folks know that the open source HomeWatcher Project (Android app & widget) for the 2DS has had some nice improvements.

http://code.google.com/p/homewatcher/

It should work on Android phones 2.3 and later at a minimum.

The basic features are:
1. A widget which you can configure to log in to the 2DS on a user-specified interval to display the status of the system via an icon on your Android Home screen.
2. An app which can:
-Accept user preferences to log in to your system
-Display the LED status of the system
-Arm Away
-Arm Stay
-Disarm
-View a log of system events (that have occurred since the login)
-Run any of the TPI commands as published in the TPI document on the forum
3. Can interface with another of my apps - RootVPN to automatically connect to a PPTP VPN connection, if you are like me and do not want to expose your 2DS via port forwarding.

I plan to keep making updates and upgrades to the app as time goes on, but this is mainly just a hobby.

I hope the community finds this useful!

Thanks!

-JSalinger