Envisalink 2DS firmware 1.07.80 Released

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Envisalink 2DS firmware 1.07.80 Released

Post by GrandWizard »

New firmware was released today. It addresses two known issues

1) Envisalink can fail to communicate in LAN environments where there is heavy broadcast IP services (e.g. audio distribution, video networks). Fixed.

2) The Envisaink's TPI can sometimes terminate its connection with a client in heavy broadcast IP enivronments. Fixed.
mikep

Re: Envisalink 2DS firmware 1.07.80 Released

Post by mikep »

Hi - there might be a problem with this update. After a reboot my software logs in, sends a status request, dump timers, turn time broadcast control on, then starts polling every few minutes. I get logged in ok, the status and dump timers request works, but I get a 501 to the "time broadcast on", then 502-20's after each poll. Looks like it's consistent, same thing happens with each reboot.

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The TPI has been included in the release test-harness since it was first released. This version passed release testing.

Email support@eyez-on.com if you still think there is an issue. Please include as much information as possible to pass along to the developers.
mikep

Post by mikep »

Sure, I emailed a data log to the customer service address earlier today. Had a chance to have a closer look just now. Seems that it might be the 008 (dump zone timers) command. The card responds properly to that command (it acks it and then sends the timers), but it follows that immediately with a 501 and then responds with a 502-20 to every TPI command from then until it's rebooted. I've just sent a data log showing that along as well.

HTH!

Mike

PS, speaking of the 501 command, would it make sense to drop the checksum in a later version of the card? A checksum is pretty important with an async protocol, but perhaps it's redundant over TCP?
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

It looks like you might have found something Mike, Envisacor just released a "hotfix" that deals with a TPI issue. 1.07.80 is now 1.07.81

As for the TPI protocol, I believe the intent was to make it backwards compatible with the existing IT-100 protcol. But I think you're right, the checksum is redunant layered over TCP.
mikep

Post by mikep »

Wow, that's very fast! I can confirm 1.07.81 works for me. Thanks!
graham

Post by graham »

I'm not so sure the communications is TCP. While I haven't done any packet sniffing, my router only shows UPD ports active from the envisalink card.

-GT
io_guy

Post by io_guy »

graham wrote:I'm not so sure the communications is TCP. While I haven't done any packet sniffing, my router only shows UPD ports active from the envisalink card.

-GT
It's definitely TCP. I'm using the TPI and can promise you that I have no UDP coded at all.
graham

Post by graham »

So is the TPI communications TCP and those to eyez-on UDP? Trying to understand why I'm seeing UDP traffic but not TCP.

-GT
guessed

Post by guessed »

graham wrote:So is the TPI communications TCP and those to eyez-on UDP? Trying to understand why I'm seeing UDP traffic but not TCP.

-GT
Yes, that's exactly what it's doing.