Telus SMS throttling (blocking) Eyezon Alerts

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Telus SMS throttling (blocking) Eyezon Alerts

Post by GrandWizard »

As widely reported, Telus is agressiving throttling our email to SMS traffic by a new anti-SPAM barrier they have installed. We are being throttled supposedly because of the amount of Envisalerts we generate per hour (it is a lot) which triggers their barrier to block our service. We are attempting to get our service white-listed but at this time we have had no success in contacting a system administrator within Telus.

As of this time your Telus alerts may be delayed by hours or days or not even delivered.

Please understand this is a specific blocking of our service so even if you receive text messages normally, or even use their E2SMS service with success, it does not mean the issue is with our service.

In the interim we are telling customers to use our Android app's PUSH notifications or if you have an iOS device, use your iCloud account instead.
GrandWizard

Re: Telus SMS throttling (blocking) Eyezon Alerts

Post by GrandWizard »

Eyezon is now paying for a direct SMS service for Telus customers in order to resume service in the short term until we can convince Telus to stop blocking its own customers. This is being paid directly by Eyezon but, as this a free service, we can't continue this indefinitely. With over 5 milllion text messages sent to Telus customers a month, the cost is huge and we continue to urge Telus customers to complain to them that this practice is unfair considering you already pay to receive text messages.
GUI

Post by GUI »

Is there an email address you recommend we contact so we can bypass the regular customer service desk?

Any any other tips?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No unfortunately. We are working with our partners to find a west-coast contact for Telus as this is where their anti-SPAM servers are hosted. If any Eyezon customer can help us out we'd love to hear from you.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

We have been informed by Envisacor that the SMS clearinghouse service they were using to avoid Telus anti-SPAM measures has now been fully blocked by Telus.

As of this time there are no more plans to try and get around Telus.

Telus customers can either:

- Use the built-in notifications that come with the Android app
- Use their iCloud email address for push notifications on iOS devices
- Use a forwarding service to take an alert email and forward it to their Telus number in the format XXXXXXXXXX@msg.telus.com
Rake1

Post by Rake1 »

GrandWizard wrote:We have been informed by Envisacor that the SMS clearinghouse service they were using to avoid Telus anti-SPAM measures has now been fully blocked by Telus.

As of this time there are no more plans to try and get around Telus.

Telus customers can either:

- Use the built-in notifications that come with the Android app
- Use their iCloud email address for push notifications on iOS devices
- Use a forwarding service to take an alert email and forward it to their Telus number in the format XXXXXXXXXX@msg.telus.com

Would you be able to provide some information about the SMS Clearinghouse service that you are using.
I am a Tier 2 tech from Telus Mobility and currently working with one of your customers to try and get to the root cause of this issue.
I've checked our spam system and we do not see you guys as being blocked however if you are using a 3rd party sms system to deliver the messages, then potentially their domain maybe blocked.

If someone can provide me a contact then we can bridge that gap you guys have been trying to cross.

Thanks
Static

Post by Static »

I am a Telus field tech in Vancouver and an EyezON subscriber. I am trying some internal channels to find a solution also.

In the interim, I have redirected alerts to my hotmail account and then created a rule to forward those to my cel.
ccaswell

Post by ccaswell »

Watching....

experiencing same issue.
unicorn_130

Post by unicorn_130 »

Static, how do you forward messages to hotmail rather than a cell phone? Thanks.
ccaswell

Post by ccaswell »

Login into your EYEZON or connect2go acct and change method of contact to email instead of SMS or add a new contact for yourself using email.