Telus SMS throttling (blocking) Eyezon Alerts

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mattsaw

Re: Telus SMS throttling (blocking) Eyezon Alerts

Post by mattsaw »

Thanks for the idea of sending to Hotmail then forwarding to an SMS.

Really hope that apple approves the App soon... would be nice to have a system that alarms or chimes more than once if the alarm is triggered; as SMS when an alarm goes off doesn't quite get enough attention.
Rake1

Post by Rake1 »

Static wrote:I am a Telus field tech in Vancouver and an EyezON subscriber. I am trying some internal channels to find a solution also.

In the interim, I have redirected alerts to my hotmail account and then created a rule to forward those to my cel.

Hey Static,

We need to connect, so we can get some traction on this issue. Are you able to MOC me ?

Do you know Laki by any chance ?
ccaswell

Post by ccaswell »

MOC me if you can, we are actively working on something internally right now, would like to discuss where you are at with it.
Static

Post by Static »

So I just called Telus mobility and spoke to a very nice rep. She is pretty sure this is an all or nothing fix ie: she can't unblock eyezon messages for my account, it needs to be system wide for all Telus customers. She completely understood the issue but could not see anything at her level indicating messages being blocked. I directed her to this thread so she has all the information and she has created a ticket that will work its way through the system. Hopefully it will land on the right person's desk!

Rake1 and ccaswell, check your PMs! Sorry, don't know Laki.
Static

Post by Static »

So after the rep submitted the ticket, I've had a couple calls from tech support for further information. He called me this afternoon to say he "thinks" it is fixed and for me to try it. Well I did try it and I can say that things are, um, heading in the right direction. As of this moment, I have not received anything on my phone. My kid, whose contact information I never changed, just got a message about my test arming :D . It was 20 minutes after the fact but its a start. Still waiting on the disarm though. . . .
ccaswell

Post by ccaswell »

We have been able to successfully receive messages from multiple systems today, problem found and a permanent fix is apparently on the way.

Rake1 was able to work with the correct team to find the issue.
ccaswell

Post by ccaswell »

mattsaw wrote:Thanks for the idea of sending to Hotmail then forwarding to an SMS.

Really hope that apple approves the App soon... would be nice to have a system that alarms or chimes more than once if the alarm is triggered; as SMS when an alarm goes off doesn't quite get enough attention.

As for the APP, I am using the android version now, holy shit! The other night it went off and woke me up, scared the crap out of me, I had no idea what the notification settings were, what sound it made or how loud it was, it was LOUD!!!
Static

Post by Static »

I'm getting more messages now, but very sporadically. I'm certainly not getting all of them and they're definitely not in order; some are a couple hours old, another was a day old.

I think we're on the mend now.
Rake1

Post by Rake1 »

Hey Folks,

I am currently working with my Operations teams to help get this service back on line for you guys. SMS notifications should start coming through now it they haven't already.
mattsaw

Post by mattsaw »

Thanks so much... Telus is forwarding the messages for me today!

Does anyone know how progress is going with getting an app approved by apple?