EyezON Mobile Portal App available for Android - BETA

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Crikey

Re: EyezON Mobile Portal App available for Android - BETA

Post by Crikey »

Installed. Looks good, so far.
user17600

Post by user17600 »

Can we please get an update that allows us to change the tones, or disable them completely. The choices for the sounds are so aggravating and disruptive I have had to disable the app on my phone.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Update on what? From day one you could control the sounds on your app.
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

GrandWizard wrote:Update on what? From day one you could control the sounds on your app.
Instead of being condescending, perhaps you could explain where these settings are? I to ask getting frustrated with the siren going off while at work. I have looked everywhere in the app but I can't find where sounds are changed. If such a setting exists then it is well hidden.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

From you Eyezon portal, go to the Contact for you "app" and in the settings for the contacts you can switch from Eyezon sounds to whatever the default sounds are on your phone.

If you have an alarm at work, don't you want to be notified with a siren instead of something you might otherwise ignore as an email or text message?
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

GrandWizard wrote:From you Eyezon portal, go to the Contact for you "app" and in the settings for the contacts you can switch from Eyezon sounds to whatever the default sounds are on your phone.

If you have an alarm at work, don't you want to be notified with a siren instead of something you might otherwise ignore as an email or text message?
Wow now that's very well hidden - the settings for the app need to be done using a webbrowser on the Eyezon portal. I would never have thought to look there.

For anyone else looking for this, Grandwizard's info is very vague, what needs to be done is as follows:

In the Eyezon web portal choose "Manage Contacts", then click on the contact that has been setup for the app installation in question. Mine is "SM-N920C (Android App)"
Click "Assign Devices" for this device and here there is a selection to "Modify" choose this. Finally you will have a drop down under sounds to choose the Eyezon Sound or the phone default.

So again I say it is well well hidden behind very cryptic settings (Manage contacts, Assign Devices etc)

More clearly you cannot choose a sound but rather can choose whether you use your phones default notification sounds or the eyezon sound.

It would be far more logical for this setting to reside in the app itself and be particular to that installation, here perhaps choosing a custom sound would be a nice option.
GMc

Post by GMc »

After clicking Modify I don't see any Sounds drop down
mwortham

Post by mwortham »

atunguyd wrote: Wow now that's very well hidden - the settings for the app need to be done using a webbrowser on the Eyezon portal. I would never have thought to look there.
Thank you for the clear explanation atunguyd. I had previously read the instructions posted on this forum regarding where to find this setting, but have never been able to locate it, despite my best efforts. Silly me, I was looking at the contacts from WITHIN THE APP...
Ltek

Post by Ltek »

Any plans to add a Keypad to the app? Would be great to be able to program the panel from the app.
user17600

Post by user17600 »

Ltek wrote:Any plans to add a Keypad to the app? Would be great to be able to program the panel from the app.
Just type the sequence into the "Custom Sequence"? Probably won't work for long, complicated sequences.

Or use something like MikeP's DSC Security Keypad - but you'll need to be on the same subnet as your panel.

There's one with a "display" for Honeywell/Ademco panels (I had it at a previous residence)... I can't recall the name but will post back.
atunguyd wrote:
GrandWizard wrote:Update on what? From day one you could control the sounds on your app.
Instead of being condescending, perhaps you could explain where these settings are? I to ask getting frustrated with the siren going off while at work. I have looked everywhere in the app but I can't find where sounds are changed. If such a setting exists then it is well hidden.
And I agree that was a completely inappropriate response for someone who represents a company.

Let's be blunt: the "app" sucks - it does not behave like a normal app and burying the control three or four levels down *in a separate portal unrelated to the app in question* and expecting your customers to find it is really not reasonable.

If you were my employee you would be "counseled" for this sort of reply to a customer.