Auto-Scheduling for Stay Arm

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Madelinot

Auto-Scheduling for Stay Arm

Post by Madelinot »

I would like to automatically Stay arm my DSC Alarm every night when I go to bed and automatically disarm it in the morning when waking up, on a regular schedule. I tested the built-in functionality of the DSC panel, but it doesn't exactly do what I want. I want the system to auto-arm in "Stay" mode only when I'm at home and I do not want it to auto-disarm if I'm away. In other words, the schedule would have no effect if the alarm is in Away-Armed mode.

In this day and age, I can't conceive this is not available. Seems like a basic service. I am ready to set up a small server on a Raspberry if needed. Even better, an iOS app that would do this for me. I have the EnvisaLink v3.

Anyone? Thanks!
mikep

Re: Auto-Scheduling for Stay Arm

Post by mikep »

The rPi would work, but if you don't feel like setting it up you could use my apps: DscServer plus AutomationManager for this https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/ ... /dscserver. You run it on a low end android device dedicated to the purpose that you leave at home (it'll come out cheaper than the rpi, use a pay-go phone from someplace like walmart/bestbuy) and you'll be able to control it from anywhere (including your iphone) using a web browser.

Tasker or something similar might work too.
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
Madelinot

Re: Auto-Scheduling for Stay Arm

Post by Madelinot »

Just as a follow-up and in case anybody else would be interested, I ended up getting an ISY994i controller for my Insteon devices and I also re-installed an old Raspberry Pi I had. The Raspberry Pi has Linux and DSCLink installed on it (NodeLink to be tested soon). The Pi is actually mounted inside my DSC Alarm Panel. The ISY devices is talking to the DSCLink server which in turn talks to the DSC alarm through my Envisalink 3. I wrote two small programs on the ISY to make it work. If anyone is interested, I could post my programs here. The added benefit of this approach is that I can use the status of any of my DSC zones to activate other devices. For example, I have a garage door tilt device connected to my DSC alarm. This tells me if the door is opened or closed and will sound an alarm if the door is open while armed. Based on the status of the sensor, I can have the ISY monitor and close the door automatically if it's left open, say after two hours. Or remotely close it if I want. One other benefit would be to configure for multiple zone followers (text or SMS).

Later,