Vista 20p: Locked out of panel, Error *29

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Crikey

Vista 20p: Locked out of panel, Error *29

Post by Crikey »

G'day,

Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20p. Eyez-On EnvisaLink-4

This morning we were made prisoners of our home. Keypad would yield only "User code error. Keys 0-9 locked" and, when I went to the page at EnvisaLink to see if "Recent Events" would yield any clue, I saw "Error: *29 Programming on panel not completed.. Tried the local web interface. Made the keypad *beep*, and that was all.

Waited 15 minutes for the keypad lock to clear. It did not.

Resorted to MS-Windows type repair: Went to the panel, pulled the battery and the transformer, waited a double-ten-count, plugged it all back in. Keypad was enabled and the *29 error had disappeared.

Any idea of what may have happened?

This is the first bobble of the system in the fifteen months it's been up, but it is disquieting, nonetheless :(

Thanks,
Jim
GrandWizard

Re: Vista 20p: Locked out of panel, Error *29

Post by GrandWizard »

That is called Keypad Lock-out (*188). You entered too many keystrokes within a short period of time so the panel thought it was being hacked so it locked the system out for 15 minutes. Any keystrokes or attempts to control the panel from the portal will only result in a long beep.

See you Vista20P installation manual under section *188 for more information.

DSC has a similar feature.
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

GrandWizard wrote:That is called Keypad Lock-out (*188). You entered too many keystrokes within a short period of time so the panel thought it was being hacked so it locked the system out for 15 minutes.
Thanks for the follow-up, GW.

That's what I thought, too. But my wife insists that message showed up on her first or second attempt this morning. (Sorry for leaving that part out.) Secondly: That lockout is supposed to time out in fifteen minutes. It did not. Lastly: Would that result in the "*29" error at EyezOn?

Thanks,
Jim
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I can give you more specific information but we have to do this offline as it contains private data.

As for why it didn't restore after 15 minutes, that would be a question for Honeywell. I have not personally tried this feature on Ademco panels. I have on DSC panels, usually by accident :-)

Also, it is not 30 keystrokes in a short period of time, it is 30 keystrokes without a valid code entry. This could happen over hours it would seem although the exact behaviour isn't docuemted in the lastest Vista manual.

EDIT: I looked at your logs and I now know why it seemed like it didn't restore after 15 minutes. I will explain over email. Hint, after your 15 minutes is up, you have one (1) chance of entering the proper code otherwise it ends up in 15 minute keypad lockout again.

Email support@eyezon.com and include subject line of this thread and I'll watch for it in the queue.
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

GW,

Email sent. Thanks!

Jim
a235301

Post by a235301 »

I am facing this dreaded issue as well. After about 2 yrs in service the security systems doesn't want to arm or disarm. As soon as I start typing in numbers I get the lock out message and error 29. Any help is appreciated.
a235301

Post by a235301 »

I was able to clear it by doing the following:

1) Pulling power from the unit and disconnecting the battery.
2) Re-power system, hitting */# on the keypad. This gets me into programming mode.
3) Using programming mode, re-enter my security code in the correct field.
4) Exit security mode.
5) Reconnect battery
6) Enter EVL-4 screen and hit Modify on the IP/GSM/LRR Shadowing Setting.

All seems well now with the system including clearing of the Error 29. Seems like something glitched w/ the system but worried this will come back.
a235301

Post by a235301 »

4) Should say "Exit programming mode"