New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

hokie21

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by hokie21 »

Unfortunately there is no direct communication between Eyezon's servers and the Central Monitoring Stations we use across North America. Your Envisalink communicates directly with the station and does not rely on Eyezon's servers to relay your alarm signals. This makes it much more reliable than any other IP-based monitoring system. But the fact we don't store-and-forward your alarms signals also means we can't do what you are suggesting. Sorry.
Your explanation makes sense and i understand it. This architecture does make it more complicated, but I believe this feature could still be done. Your website is able to communicate with the EVL boards to arm remotely from the website. For this feature, the website sends a new messages to the EVL saying "enter test mode for x minutes." The website also allows a new "exit test mode" command to be entered and sent to the EVL. Maybe no SMS messages are sent during test mode. That would be fine. The alarm messages are blocked at the source rather than at the central station or at your webserver.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Any update on whether or not Night-Stay mode will be supported on the EVL-4?
lysol

Post by lysol »

Bleasel wrote:Keypad LED State for "Night Mode". There appears to be no way of knowing that night mode is active. Changing from Stay Armed to Away Armed using [*][1] (bypasses zones with definition 37, hence Night Mode). Currently it shows Away Armed and Bypass Led = Off.

I have tested the zones that are programmed with definition 37 and they are definitely bypassed in Night Mode.
This too.
McKeith

Post by McKeith »

Feature Request: Dedicated SMS "From" account.

I use zone following with SMS alerts, but really hate how the notifications come from random numbers. Please explore a way for the alerts to come from one dedicated number.

Many thanks,

Keith
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

McKeith wrote:Feature Request: Dedicated SMS "From" account.

I use zone following with SMS alerts, but really hate how the notifications come from random numbers. Please explore a way for the alerts to come from one dedicated number.

Many thanks,

Keith
That is your cell provider doing that, it has nothing to do with our service. Have you considered using the Eyezon app instead for notifications?
rct

Post by rct »

New Feature Request - Add DSC TPI codes for Zone Low Battery event.

I can understand this might not have been in the original DSC list of TPI codes, but I think this would be a common enough event with wireless sensors that 3rd party apps should be able to have the functionality of notifying which specific zone is reporting low battery.
pos42

Post by pos42 »

lysol wrote:Any update on whether or not Night-Stay mode will be supported on the EVL-4?
I use night mode with Envisa Link 4. And I keep track of that I am in STAY mode before entering *1. So there is no need to add anything in EVL.

When I put the system in STAY mode from EVL or through the panel I write a variable in my home DSC service code when I received the STAY ARMED back according to API 652. So I know I am in STAY mode. I reject night mode otherwise.... IF I loose connection to EVL and reconnect, as it is event driven I set my arming variable to unknown state. This means I will not try to accidentally put the system i night mode when the system is *maybe* not in STAY mode.

This has worked flawlessly for years. I have my code here to look at. And there is also a PDF where I mention night mode. https://www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/Fibaro_ ... DSCengine/

Or did I miss understood something?

/Peo
mikeschumann

Post by mikeschumann »

Are there any plans for a new version of the EVL-4 board that includes a WI-FI interface? I have a DSC panel that is located in an closet where it is very difficult to run an ethernet cable, and unfortunately there is no power outlet near by that would permit me to use a network extender. This capability would also be helpful at cabins or other remote locations where you want to use a cell phone hotspot to provide internet connectivity instead of cable or DSL.
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

mikeschumann wrote:Are there any plans for a new version of the EVL-4 board that includes a WI-FI interface? I have a DSC panel that is located in an closet where it is very difficult to run an ethernet cable, and unfortunately there is no power outlet near by that would permit me to use a network extender. This capability would also be helpful at cabins or other remote locations where you want to use a cell phone hotspot to provide internet connectivity instead of cable or DSL.
I would think a Wifi board would complicate matters a bit as how would one configure it to setup your wifi network - sure there are way around this (like WPS) but they would all add cost.

For now you could just get yourself a wifi to ethernet bridge device like this https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-wl-3 ... ess-point/ it is designed to birdge ethernet only devices like the EVL-4 onto a wireless network.
shawontx

Post by shawontx »

Will there be direct integration with SmartThings Hub?