EVL4 Installation - DSC

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

canuckasis

EVL4 Installation - DSC

Post by canuckasis »

I just installed my EVL4 on my DSC system. The system is showing ready, but im getting a FTC error - Telephone Line Trouble. How do I fix this? I have unplugged my phone cable from the alarm. Doesnt the EVL4 allow me to no longer use my phone line to communicate to my alarm company?
GrandWizard

Re: EVL4 Installation - DSC

Post by GrandWizard »

You need to disable your dialer from calling out. The FTC means Fail to Communicate with the central station over phone line. The second error is TLM, Telephone Line Monitor. The panel watches to make sure the telephone line is still present, if not it generates a trouble.

You need to turn both of these off in your panel. See your installation worksheet for the relevant sections.
canuckasis

Post by canuckasis »

Thanks for your insight. I'll check in with my alarm company to get that fixed.
canuckasis

Post by canuckasis »

One other questions for you GrandWizard.

How will my system communicate to my alarm company if the dialer is removed? I still want them to be notified if the alarm goes off.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Well you can't. You need to leave your phone line in place if you wish for your central monitoring company to receive signals from your panel.

If you wish to go IP-only then we offer monitoring at competitive rates across all of North America.

Check out the Envisalarms Icon on your Eyezon portal for more information.
canuckasis

Post by canuckasis »

Thanks Grandwizard. I did see another thread that mentioned "We can register CG modules on Eyezon but it's a real pain in the butt." What does that mean? I was hoping my alarm company can program the evl4 module to communicate back to them.

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=4761

I've looked into the ip monitoring you guys provide and I'm heavily leaning towards it. Only thing is i'm still under contract with my current provider until July/August, so would have to get out of that.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Each company gets a block of MAC addresses assigned to them but we can move Connect2Go modules over to Eyezon by registering them with Envisacor. Not a huge deal but it is an extra step.

If your monitoring company is a Connect2Go dealer then yes, they can use your module to communicate to them. You just need to have the dealer move the envisalink over to Connect2Go. Remember that if you do this your alarm company effectively owns your module from then on. You won't be able to move it to a different provider without their permission.
canuckasis

Post by canuckasis »

Is there a fee to move Connect2Go modules over to Eyezon? Does the device need to be unlocked?

Also, if i decide to down the road cancel my subscription with my alarm company can i revert my device back to Eyezon and the default settings?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

canuckasis wrote:Is there a fee to move Connect2Go modules over to Eyezon? Does the device need to be unlocked?
No fee, but the devices are locked to the alarm company that registered them. We have no control over locked Connect2Go devices.