EVL3 - Router Settings

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Re: EVL3 - Router Settings

Post by GrandWizard »

Please believe me. The problem is with the TP-Link router and its use of an old Linux version that has a bug with short UDP datagrams.

They are not going to fix it so you will need to switch to another router.
Anarchy2007

Post by Anarchy2007 »

It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just doing what my clients do to me by asking enough times that hopefully you'll give me the answer that I want. ;)

But seriuosly, thanks for all your help. I'm now busy with TP-Link to hear what they'll do to rectify the issue.
Anarchy2007

Post by Anarchy2007 »

So I'm replacing the router now. I'm looking at the D-LINK DWR-921 router. Can you tell me if you've had issues with these routers in the past?
dcuste

Post by dcuste »

I just upgraded my router to a TP-LINK Archer C3200 and having a similar problem not being able to connect with the Evisalink server. Is the only solution to go to a different router?
NonTech

Post by NonTech »

dcuste wrote:I just upgraded my router to a TP-LINK Archer C3200 and having a similar problem not being able to connect with the Envisalink server. Is the only solution to go to a different router?
You could investigate if one of the third-party firmware (DD-WRT or Tomato) can be load onto this Router.
dcuste

Post by dcuste »

My router does provide for some UDP settings changes...........

UDP-FLOOD Protection Level: Low Thresholds:

(5-3600) Packets/Secs

Middle Thresholds:

(5-3600) Packets/Secs

High Thresholds:

(5-3600) Packets/Secs

Is it possible that if I set these differently, the problem will go away?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Submit a tech support request from your Eyezon portal. I'm not sure you have the same problem. You might just have a firewall issue which would be just changing a setting in the router. We need to see your account to determine what is wrong.

The OP had a different problem where the router would corrupt the checksom of small UDP packets, outbound.
Anarchy2007

Post by Anarchy2007 »

dcuste wrote:I just upgraded my router to a TP-LINK Archer C3200 and having a similar problem not being able to connect with the Evisalink server. Is the only solution to go to a different router?
In my case the EVL device was connected to the server but 99% of the events and push notifications simply disappeared. Also commands would take around 1 min or more to activate even via LAN.

Since then I replaced it with an EVL 4 due to lightning and also replaced the TP-Link with a D-Link. For the record the TP-Link LTE router is a much better router than the D-Link LTE router. The only reason I replaced the TP-Link is to get the EVL to work.
Anarchy2007

Post by Anarchy2007 »

GrandWizard wrote:Please believe me. The problem is with the TP-Link router and its use of an old Linux version that has a bug with short UDP datagrams.

They are not going to fix it so you will need to switch to another router.
TP-link has released the MR400. Can you please tell me what to look for to ensure that this unit works with the EVL4 unit?

There are only 4 major LTE / 3G routers available. I have tried:
D-LINK - What a load of crap, horrible reception, freezes most the time, looses connectivity etc.
DLINK MR200 - Worked great. Never gave a single problem and great reception. DIDN'T WORK WITH ENVISALINK
HUAWEI - Works great, but shorts some of the features I need
ASUS - Rediculously over priced
Anarchy2007

Post by Anarchy2007 »

So I contacted tech support to ask the same question as above and stated the issues I had before. This was the exact response from the support tram.

“Should not be and issue. Your EVL4 is working fine“

Not exactly the reassuring answer I was hoping for. I kinda get the idea the person that responded either didn’t read the question or doesn’t know about the issue. Eitherway any help would be appreciated.