Powerseries behaviour when arming

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pos42

Powerseries behaviour when arming

Post by pos42 »

Hi you experts...

If I have the front door open when arming the DSC Power Series alarm from the 5500 panel with code it works excellent.

If I arm over the Envisalink API with code 033 I get an error back when the door is open (works if the door is closed though..). The error is according to API spec..."System Not Ready to Arm(system is either not-secure,in exit-delay,or already armed)".
Code (Partition Arm Control – With Code)
The TPI will attempt to arm the selected partition by using a User Code. This is equivalent to entering a User Code while the partition is in the Ready mode.

Yes I can see the API spec about 033 says it is equivalent to arming on the panel if in ready mode. And if the door is open, it is not in ready mode... Som my real question is. As the panel arming accept to ARM even if a zone (i.e front door is open) is open, isn't it possible to to the same in the API? I want the exact same behaviour in the API as when arming on the panel...

Thanks
/Peo
GrandWizard

Re: Powerseries behaviour when arming

Post by GrandWizard »

You must have reprogrammed your panel to support "force arming" which is a non-standard behaviour. In general, you would never want to allow arming of a partition with a faulted zone. I would assume that the writers of the TPI are just disallowing an obviously bad situation but that is just my guess.
pos42

Post by pos42 »

Please enlighten me.... I am not 100% with you here.

I am talking about open and not faulted zones. Or is it the same?

And from my point of view, I think it is normal to arm with the main door open that you are just about to go through...

Tnx in advance
/Peo
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I should have said "open" when talking about DSC. Faulted is the term Honeywell uses for "open" zones.
No, arming a partition that is not-ready is non-standard and a bad idea. What if you forget to close that door or it doesn't close completely after you leave?
pos42

Post by pos42 »

If arming away with door open or closed is not different from a security perceptive. Even if arming with the door closed, it must be opened during the exit delay for you to be able to leave the house. It is however more convenient for the family to be able to have the door open.

And... Looking at http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007
It seems zone type 05 has Force YES as default whereas type 01 has force NO default.

My Hallway PIR is type 05 and hallway door has type 01. Don't think anything of this has been changed from default.... But you mean the door magnet zone type 01 could eventually have been changed to force YES? I am standing in the hallway with the door open. Works to arm on panel with code, but fails over TPI with 033.... Door closed and TPI with 033 works as well...

The TPI docs is _wrong_ as it clearly states 033 it equivalent to arm on panel, which is not true. From my point of view the TPI 033 should follow whatever setting the DSC has so TPI 033 IS equivalent to arm on panel. force or not. If not, the TPI docs should be adjusted.

This is not a biggie. But I try to figure out what and why...

Regards
Peo