Monitoring EVL4's located at multiple houses

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

zedder

Monitoring EVL4's located at multiple houses

Post by zedder »

Hi,

I performed a search but was unable to locate a thread on this topic.

I just installed a DSC PC1832 system and an EVL4 at my in-laws house and installed the app on their phones so they can monitor their house on their smartphones....they also want me to have access to it on my phone to monitor it at the same time, while they are out of town or on vacation.
I also have the same system installed at my house with the EyezOn app installed on my iPhone. When I created my in-laws EyezOn acct, I used her email address to register it, just as I used my email address to register my own. When I log into my EyezOn acct on the website, then try to add their device using their MAC address, a message appears that states "The device already exists on our system".

I want to be able to receive their alerts on my iPhone as soon as they happen, just as they do on my own system.
Is it not possible to monitor multiple systems on the same iPhone?
Do I need to use my email address for both EVL4's in the account settings?? Then I will be able to add their MAC address to my EyezOn account?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
zedder
GrandWizard

Re: Monitoring EVL4's located at multiple houses

Post by GrandWizard »

Well, there are a few options.
1) If you just want to be notified of events at your in-laws house, just create an email or SMS contact on their account with your email address and/or SMS.

2) If you want to be able to able to control both houses on the same app, you could delete the module from your in-laws account and then add it to yours. You would then have to give your in-laws access to your house in return.

3) If #2 doesn't agree with you you can upgrade your in-laws account to Envisalerts+ and use the device sharing option. With that they will be able to "share" their device with you on your account. You will see both devices but they will only see their own
zedder

Post by zedder »

Thank you for your reply GrandWizard...very much appreciated!

It's not a huge deal if they have access to our house, but I think we will go with option 1. Not being able to control their house is not an issue either, as long as we still receive the notifications of events that happen at their place.

The notifications seem to be alot more reliable than texts or emails. Would I be able to setup the notifications instead of texts/emails?
I've set up notifications on my phone but can't seem to recall how I did it!
zedder

Post by zedder »

Another question for you GrandWizard...

When I setup my cell as a Contact under my in-laws account in the drop-down list it only shows Rogers At&T.
So when I choose Rogers AT&T and add my cell number to receive a text, I get a text from Rogers stating:
"Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed; reply 'Yes' to this message to subscribe."

I recall quite a while back (before the iOS app and notifications option) when I setup my Rogers cell (in Canada), it gave 2 choices for Rogers, now it only show 1. Is there a way to setup EyezOn texting for Rogers in Canada?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

There was an announcement on your Eyezon portal about 2 months ago. Rogers has discontinued its free email-to-SMS service and wants their subscribers to use their "enhanced text messaging" package which I believe is $5 per month. Use the Eyezon app instead.
zedder

Post by zedder »

I''m a little confused....I don't think I'm trying to use the free email-to-SMS though...I'm trying to setup my cell phone to receive the notifications from EyezOn and when I select "cell" and enter my 10 digit cell number, then select my cell phone provider, it only shows Rogers AT&T. I recall it showed 2 different Rogers providers in the past. I'm in Canada and I used to have the other Rogers provider selected, not the AT&T option.

Ideally, I would not like to use the email or text...I'd like to setup the push notifications as they are much more reliable and faster!
How can I setup that on my cell to receive my inlaws system alarms/alerts?

thanks
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

We use email-to-SMS for all notifcations.

Rogers has discontinued its free email-to-SMS service and wants their subscribers to use their "enhanced text messaging" package which I believe is $5 per month. Use the Eyezon app instead.

You get PUSH notifcations when the app is installed. But you can only have one app on your phone. So you will have to go with option 2 or 3.
zedder

Post by zedder »

thank you for the info...you've been a huge help!