DLS via the 2DS - Is it going to happen.

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

brientim

DLS via the 2DS - Is it going to happen.

Post by brientim »

It was one of the future features that has been requested and discussed for awhile.
Is the 2DS ever going to be capable of providing this capability to enable DLS to interface directly through the 2DS and if so, when do you anticipate it's functionality will be able?
GrandWizard

Re: DLS via the 2DS - Is it going to happen.

Post by GrandWizard »

I understand your frustration but we at Eyezon can do nothing more than gently push customer feature requests at Envisacor.

I know the engineers were all working on the Envisalink 3 so hopefully this feature will make it up the list now that its in beta. I have been told there is no technical reason why it can't be done, just a matter of resources.
brientim

Post by brientim »

Thanks for the response but I gather by the comments, we should should not anticipate this functionality with the current model. If this is the case, when should we expect the Envisalink 3 and when will they be releasing any specs. Will it support zone lanel broadcast?
I do like this product and promote it on another forum but there is this and zone labels which I consider the big hole is making this a great buy for anyone with a DSC power series alarm system.
I know my advice would be to wait because this is one of the current limitation of this hardware that was reported to be in the pipeline last year and that you had reported seen it functioning. I know it is back to the OEM to get this going but I must say being an international buyer that can't use all of your services this is just a disappointment as I suspect it will be to a lot of your customers.

Give them another prod from me. I know there are a very helpful and responsive group and hopefully other users will support this request for this to be higher on their priority list.
pakerfeldt

Post by pakerfeldt »

What is DLS?
brientim

Post by brientim »

DLS in DSC's downloading software. This enables programming to be completed from a computer rather than from just a keypad.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

brientim wrote: I know my advice would be to wait because this is one of the current limitation of this hardware that was reported to be in the pipeline last year and that you had reported seen it functioning.
No, this is a firmware feature, not a hardware feature. I saw DLS working on a IP100D platform a couple of years ago. The '2DS can therefore support it.

brientim wrote: I know it is back to the OEM to get this going but I must say being an international buyer that can't use all of your services this is just a disappointment as I suspect it will be to a lot of your customers.
Ok, you're going to have to explain this one. What features/services are not available to people outside NA? Almost one third of our customers are outside North America.
brientim

Post by brientim »

GrandWizard,

Once again, thanks for the clarification, the way it sounded was new equipment.
The only missing aspect outside NA is the fantastic full monitoring services!

I do believe this is a very well designed product and the support is excellent. I hope the next firmware or in the near future, can include the these feature.
CES

Post by CES »

GrandWizard wrote:
brientim wrote: I know my advice would be to wait because this is one of the current limitation of this hardware that was reported to be in the pipeline last year and that you had reported seen it functioning.
No, this is a firmware feature, not a hardware feature. I saw DLS working on a IP100D platform a couple of years ago. The '2DS can therefore support it.

hi well reading this as a alarm installer was wondering as not seen it anywhere else you seen it actually working with the dls software? was it 2002 or the dlsIV and was it just in the "developers desk" this was seen? or was it an actually working "but not ready for release" software for the 2ds? or part of some "future plans"
thanks