Can I use both an LTE SEM and Envisalink on DSC PowerSeries

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Eboettn

Can I use both an LTE SEM and Envisalink on DSC PowerSeries

Post by Eboettn »

Hey there. I am looking to purchase your Envisalink. I’m still deciding on a board but looking at Honeywell Vista or DSC PoweSeries.

My question is this. I want to use a cellular connector to connect to alarm.com for professional monitoring. But I want to use Envisalink for the home automation side of things. Do you know if I can use both an Envisalink and gsm or Lte communicator?
Last edited by Eboettn on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eboettn

Re: Can I use both an LTE SEM and Envisalink on DSC PowerSeries

Post by Eboettn »

I'm going to add something to my original post...

I want to be able to use both an Alarm.com SEM and Envisalink.

Here is what I want to use:
PC1616 – DSC PowerSeries
ADC-SEM210-PS-VZ -- PowerSeries LTE SEM Module
PTK5507 - PowerSeries TouchScreen Security Interface

I guess my real question is will the PC1616 allow me to use both the LTE SEM Module AND Envisalink at the same time?

I know this is odd but I want the LTE SEM to connect to SurityDIY for professional monitoring, and then utilize the Envisalink to connect to my Home Assistant server.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Why don't you just use our Professional monitoring? It's a lot cheaper than the .com retail equipment.
Eboettn

Post by Eboettn »

Oh well I’d be interested but I haven’t found anything on your website about it. Can you send me a link; I must have missed it. Is there an app? Can I have cellular backup with it?

Also, do you have an answer to my question? I’m curious about the functionality I asked. I’m still learning the panel.

Thanks!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Eboettn wrote:Oh well I’d be interested but I haven’t found anything on your website about it. Can you send me a link; I must have missed it. Is there an app? Can I have cellular backup with it?

Also, do you have an answer to my question? I’m curious about the functionality I asked. I’m still learning the panel.

Thanks!
1) From your account click on the Envisalarms icon for more information about professional monitoring.

2) Of course there's an app, see your support page for more information, once again, from your Eyezon portal.
Eboettn

Post by Eboettn »

I must just be having a rough night. I don’t see either of those things - the envisalarm icon or support page when I login to my account. Now, I’m new and don’t have a device yet so maybe it’s user error.....
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

GrandWizard wrote:Why don't you just use our Professional monitoring? It's a lot cheaper than the .com retail equipment.
And works like a charm. They were easy to work with when I first set it up and did a walk-through test and they responded as fast as we could get to the panel on the couple times the system's alarmed when we were home.

Super-easy to add and remove users, too.
Eboettn wrote:I must just be having a rough night. I don’t see either of those things - the envisalarm icon or support page when I login to my account. Now, I’m new and don’t have a device yet so maybe it’s user error.....
Probably not visible unless you actually have an Envisalink associated with your account. What do you want to know?
Eboettn

Post by Eboettn »

Really, everything about it haha. How much does it cost for one. Is there a contract? Can we somehow use cellular as a backup?

And it’s great to know you like it. Thanks!!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Eboettn wrote:Really, everything about it haha. How much does it cost for one. Is there a contract? Can we somehow use cellular as a backup?

I PM'd you with the information earlier today.
Eboettn

Post by Eboettn »

GrandWizard wrote:
Eboettn wrote:Really, everything about it haha. How much does it cost for one. Is there a contract? Can we somehow use cellular as a backup?

I PM'd you with the information earlier today.
I just now saw the PM. Thank you!!! That’s exactly what I needed.