Amazon Echo / Alexa Skills Status?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dano3131

Re: Amazon Echo / Alexa Skills Status?

Post by dano3131 »

Ok boys and girls. This is all cool but my question to all you techie coder types is could you PLEASE PLEASE. Dumb this down a bit or at least make the time to do a little more step by step so we whom don't speak code can figure this out a little better?

I have I believe EVL3 and EVL4 units.
I would like to use Alexa to arm or disarm but arming in stay would me grate?
Under windows 10 or my iPhone 5s what steps should I and others follow to have this up and running
as quick, simple and as clean as possible? What steps are missing from these posts that you guys all
assume we all should know like a coder?

Thanks just my two cents.
air

Post by air »

@husker2003 Thanks for your instructions on how to get this set up with Alexa! I haven't checked here in a while and recently came back to check if anyone has implemented Alexa/Google Home/SmartThings automation so glad I revisited the forum.

I took the easy way out and pulled down the Docker image of ha-bridge (https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge) that was built for the Raspberry Pi 3 which I already have running for EVL4. Added a new bridge device with your settings and Alexa discovered it fine. It is working perfect so now I have voice control on arming in Stay mode! The Docker image is at https://hub.docker.com/r/habridge/ha-br ... pberrypi3/ in case others were interested. It is based on Raspbian Jessie but I upgraded my image to latest Stretch to get all security and updates.
dano3131

Post by dano3131 »

I was told Honeywell should have a new control board out soon if not all ready that will be Alexa friendly? Guess I should go back and check?
air

Post by air »

Interesting as that is the first I've head of that news. From cost front, I'll still stick with my EVL4 that has been working well with my Vista 20P for the past couple of years.

For Alexa, what is the http command to arm in Away mode? Right now, I only have arm in Stay mode and Disarm working but would be nice to have arm in Away as well since the ha-bridge can only do turn on/off:D

Lastly, any other EVL4 users have integration with SmartThings or Hubitat Elevation?
dano3131

Post by dano3131 »

I believe the new Vista 20 P will have an alexa option built in on the board the distributer said? I assume you will still have to have an EVL unit to do what we do all ready? I also assume the vista 20 P will be around $100 for just the board? when you add all the PI stuff up its close to the same and if the Pi fails you are down chances of the Vista board failing is slim.
ysammy

Post by ysammy »

+1 on AWAY mode. Is there any documentation on the EVL HTTP interface? This works for STAY mode but I don't know the "A=" query parameter for AWAY: http://user:user@192.168.1.x/2?A=3&p=1&X=XXXX
Alexanr1

Post by Alexanr1 »

Looking for an update from EyezOn on providing this Alexa skill. Love this product and it would be top notch if they would provide easy integration with Alexa for everyone! I hear it’s comming. It’s 2019, this is the year! Personally, it would improve sales, I believe if they were to do this.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

If it indicates anything, our own ADT version of the Vista 20P panel (3000EN I believe) can be accessed by an Alexa skill and ADT's "Pulse" service. The available commands include:

You can Arm, Disarm and Query your security system.
- "Alexa, arm ADT in Away mode.'
- "Alexa, arm ADT in Stay mode."
- "Alexa, disarm ADT."
- "Alexa, is ADT armed?"

No panel modifications were made -- so in theory, could the Eyezon module be programmed to handshake between Alexa and the Vista panel instead? Or am I being "Captain Obvious"?
Alexanr1

Post by Alexanr1 »

I have a DST panel, so,no help to me.

I posted a comment on the Facebook page late last year and they said “Working on it”. Really would be a significant advancement for their product.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Alexanr1 wrote:I have a DST panel, so,no help to me.

I posted a comment on the Facebook page late last year and they said “Working on it”. Really would be a significant advancement for their product.
Our new co-op student has Alexa working with our standalone security system, SOLO. It's just in the lab right now but we will be rolling it out. SOLO doesn't have a keypad so the voice option is a nice addition.

We'll get him to look at porting it to the Envisalink platform as well shortly.