Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by GrandWizard »

UPDATED: 2021-07-12

The EyezOn Alexa skill is available on the Amazon skill store under the name "EyezOn". Once you authenticate your EyezOn account with Amazon the skill will automatically discover all Envisalink controlled security systems on your account, all non-motion zones on those systems, and all thermostats connected to those systems.

The new skill allows you to ask Alexa about the status of all non-motion zones and the status of any and all security systems on your account. You can say things like:

Alexa, is the garage door open?
Alexa, arm my home in away mode
Alexa, disarm home
Alexa, what is the temperature in the house?
Alexa, change thermostat to heat
Alexa, set thermostat to 73 degrees

If you have an Envisalink SOLO you can also query the temperature of smart sensors

Alexa, what temperature is it in the garage?

If you have either an EMS100 or an Eyezon STAT-50 installed, you can query and control the thermostat as well.

NEW: Amazon Alexa now supports Security Systems in routines. You can now arm your security system as part of a routine!

Usage and known issues:
- The skill will discover all the Envisalink's on your account and each zone that is LABELLED. If you don't label them, Alexa can't find them
- Zones that are listed as PIR or Motion detectors won't be discovered as they cannot be queried about their state.
- Only partition 1 is currently supported but more will be added.
- When you grant Alexa access to your EyezOn account, you must select FULL access in order to arm/disarm your panel. If select read-only you will only be able to query status.
- When disarming on a DSC or Honeywell panel, the Envisalink doesn't know any of your user codes so if you disarm with an incorrect code it will say that it is sucessful even though it wasn't. You must use a valid user code on your panel to disarm your system
- To arm and disarm you must enable this feature from your Alexa app under devices. You can't do it from the Alexa web page.
- The Alexa "Smart Code" for disarming is any valid 4-digit on your panel. Alexa only supports 4 digit code disarming
- Alexa only supports quick-arm methods (arming without a code). This would be *21 on Honeywell and by default on DSC. If you don't
have quick-arming enabled you can't use the Alexa arming feature.
- Night Mode on Honeywell is not supported but Instant is. If you ask Alexa to arm in night mode, it will arm in instant instead. Night mode is supported on DSC and UNO as normal.

NOTE:The Alexa Security Panel skill is restricted to users in the USA and Canada using Canadian or US English. If your Amazon account isn't registered in one of these countries you can change your location from your Amazon account, not the Alexa portal. This is a restriction that Amazon imposes, not us. As soon as it is available in other regions we will update this posting.
Rtkane

Re: Amazon Alexa Skill Information

Post by Rtkane »

Thank you for this! It works great!
ddimit

Post by ddimit »

Love the new feature sets looking forward to this growing. Alexa allows a routine which looks like it give the ability to adjust temp.

I have created a good night sequence which is suppose to turn down the thermostat.

Looks like this isn't working. I see your caveat that you can only query if the temperature of the thermostat.

is this a coming soon feature?

Many thanks!
dinosinc

Post by dinosinc »

Can you get the skill to work in Canada, as I don't want to change my Amazon location to the US ?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

dinosinc wrote:Can you get the skill to work in Canada, as I don't want to change my Amazon location to the US ?
No, Amazon has limited the skill to the US. I had to create a second Amazon account just for Alexa. I wasn't going buy anything from the Amazon store via Alexa anyhow so it didn't matter.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

ddimit wrote:Love the new feature sets looking forward to this growing. Alexa allows a routine which looks like it give the ability to adjust temp.

I have created a good night sequence which is suppose to turn down the thermostat.

Looks like this isn't working. I see your caveat that you can only query if the temperature of the thermostat.

is this a coming soon feature?
I got an email saying that thermostat control is now live for both STAT50 and EMS100. I have tested both and it seems to be working.

There is an inherit repoting delay in the EMS and to a lesser extent, the STAT50. The EMS reprting delay can be as much as 4 minutes (worst case) and the STAT50, 1 minute. I was watching my STAT50 and the Change Temperature command was almost instant but I didn't see it update on the portal until about a minute later. Testing the EMS was just as fast changing mode from heat to off but the delay in reporting to the portal was almost two minutes. Pretty cool.
Zonker

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by Zonker »

Good job on the skill. Will you be adding additional capabilities like bypassing zones and toggling commands on DSC panels ?

Discovered: I have only one EVL3 on my alexa account and noticed that Alexa will respond to simple Arm, Disarm voice commands. No need for additional words.

Arm - Arms in Home (stay mode)
Disarm - Prompts for code

Only thing is you need to say Arm + Away to arm in Away mode
acs680

Post by acs680 »

Will the skill allow for no entry delay arming (*9) on DSC?
willmw

Post by willmw »

Would also like to know about bypassing zones, etc. The arm/arm-away/disarm work great for me so far. Thanks!
Last edited by willmw on Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

You can't do any of those things with the Alexa skill as Amazon defines how a security system works and bypassing, PGMs, and everything else I think would be standard isn't included. I am still also peeved that only US customers can use it, that just seems stupid.

Somebody asked about *9 on DSC, I think that works by asking the alexa to arm in Night mode. I think.

EDIT: Yes, *9 arming works