Honeywell Vista 20P and Time Changes?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Crikey

Honeywell Vista 20P and Time Changes?

Post by Crikey »

It's that time of year, here, again, and one of the devices on my List is "alarm system." The thing is: Annoyingly, the Vista 20P doesn't tell you what it thinks is the current time. Question is: Does it automatically get sync'd to what the Envisalink system has for time? Or do I still need to manually fuss with it twice-a-year?
GrandWizard

Re: Honeywell Vista 20P and Time Changes?

Post by GrandWizard »

Good news and bad news.

1) The bad news is that Honeywell (Ademco) panels haven't really changed in 25 years so there is no way to change the internal time on the panel, from an external interface. DSC panels allow this.
2) The good news is that it doesn't even matter as the Envisalink doesn't use the time in the panel. It relies on network time so it is always correct and does not suffer from DST changes.
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

Thanks, GW. Both of those are pretty much what I expected to hear. So I can change it if I want (I probably will), but it won't really make any difference to anything that much matters.

ETA: Ha! I guess 1. I programmed-in the DST change dates and times, because it was already right and 2. It has a pretty decent internal clock, because it had the correct time.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

All UL approved panels must use line-frequency for their time synchronization. So in the North East power pool, at least, that means the clocks are extremely accurate on a daily basis. Only during power outages do the clocks rely on the their onboard quartz crystals.