Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

K-Man

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by K-Man »

Zonker wrote:Are there any plans to allow the "Alarm Device" to be used in Alexa Routines. Currently the EVL Device is not available for selection when creating a new routine. Obvious benefits would be geofence arming, controlling lights, turning on otherdevices, etc...

Thanks,
You can't trigger off of the Security Panel state right now as that is a limitation that Amazon has with its routines. Amazon is adding more support all the time as they get more and more into HA. You can actually use sensors as routine triggers but the Envisalerts architecture doesn't easily allow us to enable this feature. In short, this would require us to tell Amazon every time a sensor changes in real-time, across every Envisalerts enabled device around the world. The infrastructure for that alone would call for its own server cluster which isn't going to happen as most of our service partners offer Envisalerts for free.

The engineers have talked about maybe making one zone available to Envisalerts+ customers as they already pay for their own separate servers but nothing has been fleshed out.

With regards to geofence arming, my understanding is that it should work right now but I tried to create a routine and the SecurityPanel devices don't show up as options, just the connected thermostats. I will enquire with Amazon as to why this is.
jay.waxman@live.com

Post by jay.waxman@live.com »

I know it’s not available on Amazon Canada. So I set up a separate echo dot with a US account. Works great. Thanks.

Any update from amazon as to when it might be available in Canada?
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

jay.waxman@live.com wrote:Any update from amazon as to when it might be available in Canada?
No and they have made it very clear they will not be giving any guidance on when this skill will be available in other countries. All the developers who ask on the their forum are told to watch their weekly email update or the developers blog.
alexs20

Post by alexs20 »

an idea about routine absence workaround.
To put a Google home mini close to Echo dot and program it ti say "Alexa, arm stay" according to any other conditions... :lol:
MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM »

It's 2019... Can the Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill be used to bypass zones in 2019?
astead

Post by astead »

I would love to have to option to have Alexa tell me all the doors/windows that are open.
Do you allow public contributions to the code?
Dranck01

Post by Dranck01 »

I realize that this is off topic of where this thread is going. But I was wondering if there was a way to have a custom sequence created? For example, I can activate my garage door by simply using the custom section of the app and entering my code followed by #701. The system is configured so that once this relay is activated, it will reset to its normal state. Is there a way to activate this sequence using Amazon Alexa?
Dranck01

Post by Dranck01 »

I forgot to mention, I have a 320P1. Which is essentially a vista 20P with protection 1 defaults.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Any new news on the Google Home version yet?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Jeff H wrote:Any new news on the Google Home version yet?
No, it looks like the new SOLO Security Panel and the "SideKick" LTE backup has sopped up all the engineering resources for a while. We will post here if we hear anything but its almost July and nothing ever gets done quickly during the vacation season it seems.