New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by GrandWizard »

Pabloalarma wrote:Hi Community:
I have the EVL3 module and a DSC alarm.
Use the iOS app to set the alarm on and off.
It would be a great feature to set the alarm on/off automatically at predefined times.
Is it in mind for the EyezON iOS app?
Thanks
Auto Arming and Disarming is already a feature of your DSC panel. See your DSC user manual for more info.
anderep

Post by anderep »

anderep wrote:https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... tion/41227

Native SmartThings support. I have 40+ sensors which would be great to have the sensors feed SmartThings.

I bought the evl4 knowing that it doesn’t have native support, but am using redloro’s nvm node.js server to do just this, see link above. Would be nice to be able to skip the node server.
bump for native SmartThings support... and would easily triple your sales...
Belkbuzze

Post by Belkbuzze »

I’m all in for native SmartThings support too.
garyjmilne@gmail.com

Post by garyjmilne@gmail.com »

Agree bigtime. Native support for Smartthings would be huge.
djmannyfresh

Post by djmannyfresh »

Another vote for SmartThings support. Running redloro's NPM server on docker on Synology NAS currently. Thanks.
grabo

Post by grabo »

EVL4 FEATURE REQUEST: Full 4-octet IP address for syslog

It's not necessarilylikely that the syslog server lives on the same subnet as the EVL4.

This seems trivial to add.

I've resorted to using NAT trickery to get around this limitation.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

grabo wrote:EVL4 FEATURE REQUEST: Full 4-octet IP address for syslog

It's not necessarilylikely that the syslog server lives on the same subnet as the EVL4.

This seems trivial to add.

I've resorted to using NAT trickery to get around this limitation.
This has been asked for in the past and Envisacor says no. It partially relates to the fact that syslog traffic is unencrypted and they don't want it leaving the local network. You wil have to live with your trickery.
anderep

Post by anderep »

how about two octet on ip address.

what is the change log on sw version 164
tmack-1

Post by tmack-1 »

Google Home integration???? time-line????????

Yes, I know that is a mixture of working with Google developers and possible in-house work. Very much a PITA. But with the Google Home Nest selling for $39.99 USD it would be a good selling point for marketing to have it work with the Google Home app and have Eyez-On be on their "add device" list. "Hey Google, arm alarm away" "Hey Google, disarm alarm code ####"

Also, suggestion, go to (telephone?) your local college and see if their IT programs do student projects for a grade. My nieces husband is a Professor at one of the local community colleges (Junior College) here in Pennsylvania and he teaches Web developing & Multi-media. Students go find companies with web pages that are just so-so and send a request to the company to make a free web-page. So, for a grade the student develops a new up-to-date page (stored on colleges server temporarily ). After the professor reviews it, the company looks at it and if they like the page, the student gets a good grade, and the company gets the page free. The program has gotten good reviews and companies are now lining up to work with the college. Updated APP or work on Google integration would be nice.
Engineers Design Things, Technicians Make Them Work.
Suckerpunchnz

Post by Suckerpunchnz »

Love my EVL4!

A Feature Request please....
Could the iOS app please be updated to allow alarm triggered events to be treated as iOS "Critical Notifications". (Much like how the Home Assistant app does)

This would allow the alerts to break through Do Not Disturb mode, and save having to use email2sms systems just to break through DnD mode.

Thanks for considering this!
Phil.