Access Eyezon site for further automation

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dwaynez

Access Eyezon site for further automation

Post by dwaynez »

I am new to the Envisalink and Eyezon but I am very familiar with computer programming, Raspberry Pi's etc. I would like some additional functionality and I feel I could get this if I could access Eyezon.com programmatically. Is there a way of accessing the data from another program and then potentially send commands back?
GrandWizard

Re: Access Eyezon site for further automation

Post by GrandWizard »

dwaynez

Post by dwaynez »

From what I understand, using the TPI is communicating directly the the Envisalink board and not the Eyezon.com web site. Is this correct? I am going to be communicating over a metered network, so I want to minimize the traffic to the Envisalink board. I was thinking that the board is pushing data to the eyezon.com web site and I would be happy picking off data from that website for my additional programming. Is this possible?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No, the cloud API is still not public. We've been told that one day it will be made public.
dwaynez

Post by dwaynez »

In the TPI documentation it says that the envisalink board can only accept one tcp connection. If I have the board setup and connected to eyezon.com can I then have a local connection as well to the board and use the TPI to get data and interact with the board or do I have to terminate my connection to eyezon.com to have a TPI interface or am I able to have both connections active at the same time?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

dwaynez wrote:In the TPI documentation it says that the envisalink board can only accept one tcp connection. If I have the board setup and connected to eyezon.com can I then have a local connection as well to the board and use the TPI to get data and interact with the board or do I have to terminate my connection to eyezon.com to have a TPI interface or am I able to have both connections active at the same time?
The connection to the reporting servers (Envisalerts), the local web page, the TPI, and the SYSLOG client are all independant services.