Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by GrandWizard »

The Alexa skill is now available in Canada for Engish speaking users. Other English locales will be added shortly but I'm not sure which ones.
ddimit

Post by ddimit »

Ems thermostat not working anymore. They do show up in the alexa app but trying to control in app gives server unresponsive msg. Trying to voice control gives error skill is not linked.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

ddimit wrote:Ems thermostat not working anymore. They do show up in the alexa app but trying to control in app gives server unresponsive msg. Trying to voice control gives error skill is not linked.
I just tried all the usual commands with my EMS100 it is works. Maybe you had some sort of temporary issue with Alexa? The skill not linked error message wouldn't come from the Eyezon skill, that would indicate a problem on Amazon's side.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Any update on Google Home integration?
guille

Post by guille »

I understand this "Night Mode and Zero-Entry Delay Mode are not available on DSC panels due to lack of quick-arm option."

But, Night Mode arming with Alexa doesn't work on my vista 21p. I have quick arming enable and I can arm night mode with "code+33". Stay and away modes work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Guille
pkomlosi

Post by pkomlosi »

Waiting for Google Assistant / Google Home integration. Please give us an update.
kelly.gann

Post by kelly.gann »

Is it possible to toggle the chime on and off using Alexa? I have successfully integrated turning the alarm system on and off, but at our home, we use Chime constantly to know when the grandkids "escape" and turn it off to not disturb the aged parent.
Thank you in advance!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

kelly.gann wrote:Is it possible to toggle the chime on and off using Alexa? I have successfully integrated turning the alarm system on and off, but at our home, we use Chime constantly to know when the grandkids "escape" and turn it off to not disturb the aged parent.
Thank you in advance!
No, Amazon has only limited support for Security Panels and options like that are not included, unfortunately. I also doubt that will ever be supported by them.
Texaslegend

Post by Texaslegend »

Is it possible to disarm a disc panel without a security code if you have voice policies setup with Alexa? This way Alexa could recognize my voice and not require me to say a passcode aloud in the presence of others. Thanks. And I very much appreciate the skill.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Texaslegend wrote:Is it possible to disarm a disc panel without a security code if you have voice policies setup with Alexa? This way Alexa could recognize my voice and not require me to say a passcode aloud in the presence of others. Thanks. And I very much appreciate the skill.
No, right now at least. Alexa does not store PINs to associate with the voice-code and your DSC system cannot be disarmed without one.