Envisalink Sidekick cellular backup

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Jeff H

Envisalink Sidekick cellular backup

Post by Jeff H »

Any word on the Envisalink Sidekick cellular backup ? I see it mentioned in the firmware change log for the EVL-4.
GrandWizard

Re: Envisalink Sidekick cellular backup

Post by GrandWizard »

I believe it is in manufacturing but that is all we know in tech support. We have been trained on them so it has to be soon. I suspect there is a delay due to the pandemic.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Thank you GW. I am looking forward to it!
turnerj42

Post by turnerj42 »

Sorry to bug but curious if any update on the side kick. I have had a few people steer me to the another solution since it has that ability but it lacks a huge amount of functions that I love with my ev4. Thanks
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

It is already shipping to dealers with pre-orders. We should be getting our own Eyezon allotment shortly. It will be sold direct initially and then eventually make it out to our Internet distribution partners.
turnerj42

Post by turnerj42 »

That’s great. I for sure will be a customer I would imagine on a few different systems. I assume best to just keep checking back on the main site?
schnellmedic

Post by schnellmedic »

Any status update on availability?
sks8100

Post by sks8100 »

What is the sidekick cellular? does it replace envisalink or an add on. Also is this used in conjunction with the monitoring service which is primarily IP based?
brac

Post by brac »

I called Eyez-On today to ask when to expect the roll of the product. The sales person thought that it would be January before they would be ready to roll out the product.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

brac wrote:I called Eyez-On today to ask when to expect the roll of the product. The sales person thought that it would be January before they would be ready to roll out the product.
Existing Envisalarms users will get an opportunity to buy one in the next week or so. It is first come, first serve. Email support@eyezon.com and asked to be put on the waiting list for the "Envisalink SIDEKICK".