New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Clipper

iPhone - Alarm sounds

Post by Clipper »

If my panel is triggered, can my iphone sound a CLEARLY AUDIBLE alarm? Something to get my attention? I understand this is already in place for Android, and now is possible with iphone too. It seems a basic feature to me. As it stands I need to be either paying continuous attention to my email, and/or immediately look at every single SMS message that comes in -- to promptly know if an alarm has triggered.

Great product in any case! It's been rock solid for over a year since we installed it.
anderep

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by anderep »

GrandWizard wrote:
grabo wrote:EVL4 FEATURE REQUEST: Full 4-octet IP address for syslog

It's not necessarilylikely that the syslog server lives on the same subnet as the EVL4.

This seems trivial to add.

I've resorted to using NAT trickery to get around this limitation.
This has been asked for in the past and Envisacor says no. It partially relates to the fact that syslog traffic is unencrypted and they don't want it leaving the local network. You wil have to live with your trickery.
Then can you detect the network properly, you have limited it based on the IP address given. Use the gateway and subnet mask.
Ian_81

Post by Ian_81 »

Is there any EnvisaLink 5 (EVL5) being released anytime soon?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Ian_81 wrote:Is there any EnvisaLink 5 (EVL5) being released anytime soon?
Sort of. The next generation Envisalink is called the Envisalink DUO and it is a dual-path communicator with both Ethernet and LTE. It will be available in the summer of 2021.
jelockwood

Post by jelockwood »

GrandWizard wrote:
Sort of. The next generation Envisalink is called the Envisalink DUO and it is a dual-path communicator with both Ethernet and LTE. It will be available in the summer of 2021.
Will there be any chance of it supporting other alarm panels? For example what about UK Honeywell Galaxy Dimension or Galaxy Flex panels or even other brands completely.
cjhrph

Post by cjhrph »

The app is desperately in need of an upgrade. Will there be an update any time soon?
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

GrandWizard wrote:

This is interesting. Sort of like the Hub6. Hopefully you guys can deliver this and a new app to go with it. The Hub6 is really lacking on DSC functionality that envisalink has. So if you can roll everything into the DUO and have LTE and a new app.. I'm a buyer day 1
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Zonker wrote:I'm a buyer day 1
If you already have the Envisalink, just buy the Sidekick now. Its the same thing.
Ian_81

Post by Ian_81 »

Thanks for the update!

With the new product launching later this year, is there an official EOL/support for the EVL3, or will the device continue to be supported and updated with new firmware, features, etc?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Ian_81 wrote:Thanks for the update!

With the new product launching later this year, is there an official EOL/support for the EVL3, or will the device continue to be supported and updated with new firmware, features, etc?
Firmware updates for the EVL3 are for major bug fixes only. There are actually no resources left on the device to add any more features, so I'm told.