EVL4 - are firmware updates automatic?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

beep

EVL4 - are firmware updates automatic?

Post by beep »

My impression was that firmware updates were automatic. I set up an EVL4 over 2 yrs ago and haven't really checked as it's been working well. I looked at my account today and it showed the firmware on version 136 and that there was an update. I requested the update and got 143 (I think) then there was another update and it's now on 173A. Were these updates supposed to happen automatically?

For the firmware changelog I do not see a 173A - what's changed?

Thanks for the neat EVL4 device, very happy with it.
GrandWizard

Re: EVL4 - are firmware updates automatic?

Post by GrandWizard »

Hello, firmware updates are only automatic if they involve something serious. The EVL4's code has been stable for years so any changes usually revolve around features that aren't used by the majority of users. e.g. UNO or TPI.

As well, automatic updates generated a lot of complaints from users in Europe so that was another reaons we made most updates optional.

You can use the UPDATE NOW button anytime to update your firmware if newer firmware is available. It looks like you hadn't updated your firmware in a while so it probably had to go through a series of patches to get to the latest Ademco (Honeywell) version which is 1.3.172A. I will look into why you have 1.3.173A and update the firmware log on this site, they may have added something trivial.
beep

Post by beep »

Thanks for the info. Looks like the changelog now shows v174, is that a typo? My device has 173A.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

1.3.174 only applies to UNO users. It is actually 1.3.174U

If you don't see the Update Pending icon on your Eyezon details page, you have the latest firmware for your device and panel combo.
djmannyfresh

Post by djmannyfresh »

I have an EVL4 and it's showing a "147" firmware update available with an orange "update now" button on the Eyez-on web portal. The device webpage locally on my LAN says that it has Firmware Version: 01.02.147A. The firmware numbering does not make sense to me.

Is there a change log for this new 147? Should I update? It has been working fine for at least a couple of years. I don't know if features were added but it would be great to get zone status when system is armed, but that may be more of a panel limitation.

Thank you in advance.
beep

Post by beep »

The website only shows the last 3 digits of the version, e.g. the local interface for my Vista 20P shows 01.03.173A but the web site just lists it as "Version: 173". I believe the "A" is for Ademco. It appears 173A is the latest version for Ademco.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Yeah, I don't know why they leave off the major/minor and just show the build number. It's really the only number that matters as it is unique within firmware versions, like a timestamp.

Yes, the A means Ademco, a U number UNO, and nothing at the end means DSC.