EVL-4 Portal Contact Settings and Network Supervision

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

crosswicks

EVL-4 Portal Contact Settings and Network Supervision

Post by crosswicks »

Two separte questions on portal settings:

For each contact (whether a telephone, SMS, or email) the option "Append Arm Mode" is set to off in the default configuration. Just for drill I set it "on" one one phone and left it "off" on another. Eeither way I don't see any difference in either the SMS message, the push notification, or the email message. Obviously I don't really know what this setting does, but I'm still curious. So what does "Append Arm Mode" mean?

Prio to recently instally the Sidekick (which works just fine), the option under "Settings - General" had "Network Supervision" checked (as default, I suppose). I think that subsequent to the Sidekick install, this option became unchecked (not sure but I don't believe I changed anything like this). Now when I check it it seems to automatically get unchecked. Is this something that the Sidekick does, and what does the term actually mean?

Thank you.
EVL4 and Sidekick Combo
crosswicks

Re: EVL-4 Portal Contact Settings and Network Supervision

Post by crosswicks »

Deleted
Last edited by crosswicks on Fri May 14, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
EVL4 and Sidekick Combo
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

From the manual...

3. Append Arming Mode (option) – DSC security panels send more than one event when armed (e.g. system status (e.g. Away) and the user who armed it (e.g. Mom). In order to receive an Alert for both events, select Append Arming Mode. If you do not select this option, you will only receive an Alert indicating who armed the system,

WRT your checkbox, we have had customers mention this before and it seems to be Javascript related. Try another browser?

Our servers supervise your Envisalink's connection so if it goes down for 10 minutes or more you will generate a signal if you have that box checked. With Sidekick it is a little redundant as you get notified if your Internet goes down over the LTE path anyhow.
crosswicks

Post by crosswicks »

Thanks for the update aand helpful support info.

By "manual" do you refer to the Envisalarm .pdf manual? Later Edit: I found Section 7.1 (should have looked more carefully earlier, of course).

BTW I have not set "Append ... " to "on" but still get a full report of arming mode, user, etc. Later set most contacts to "Append ..." but not sure I see a more detailed SMS msg or email yet. Will keep looking.
Last edited by crosswicks on Fri May 14, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
EVL4 and Sidekick Combo
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No, the Eyezon user manual. All the documentation for the Envisalink and the Eyezon service is on your Eyezon portal under the help section.

If you have a DSC system with Append Arming mode on you will get two alerts upon arming, the first says who armed the system, and the second says how (e.g. Away, Stay, Zero-Entry).
crosswicks

Post by crosswicks »

Please see earlier edited post where I found the info you refer to. Another 20 or so years at this and I'll have most of it in hand (smile).
EVL4 and Sidekick Combo