Upgrading to EVL4

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

johnrm

Upgrading to EVL4

Post by johnrm »

I am upgrading from a 2DS to an EVL4 on my DSC alarm. Is it possible to simply replace the MAC addresses and keep all the notification settings or do I need to start from scratch? Thanks.
GrandWizard

Re: Upgrading to EVL4

Post by GrandWizard »

Step one is to install the new EVL4 and leave your 2DS activated.

In both the Zone Labels and User Names options under Settings you will see options to copy exiting labels from the 2DS to the new EVL4.

Your Contacts will remain but you will now have to "Enable" them for the new EVL4 and select the type of alerts you want.

Once that is complete you can removed the 2DS from your account.
johnrm

Post by johnrm »

Thanks for your reply. I got it done today and was able to set up the Visual Syslog monitoring as well. The only issue I had was getting the system time update to stay checked active. After a number of tries it finally worked. I emailed Eyezon support and got a response right away with some suggestions!
bnesheim

Post by bnesheim »

I recently replaced my EVL3 with an EVL4 and successfully moved my zones and usernames to the new board with the process described above. I do have Envisalarm service; how do I go about moving the service to the new board?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

You will need to either contact support and ask for the transfer. Submit a tech support ticket from your Eyezon portal and one of the techs will do it for you.