Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Silverporsche993

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by Silverporsche993 »

Hi. I have tried numerous times to activate Alexa and have not been successful. The Alexa app
Does not discover my device. I have an older 2 DS board. What am I missing.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Silverporsche993 wrote:Hi. I have tried numerous times to activate Alexa and have not been successful. The Alexa app
Does not discover my device. I have an older 2 DS board. What am I missing.
You probably have something misconfigured on your Eyezon account. Submit a tech support request from your Eyezon portal and we can see what is wrong.
NS123

Post by NS123 »

Hello all,

I realize that you cannot use Alexa to initiate an Armed Zero Entry Delay/*9 command. However, I would simply like to be able to query Alexa whether my house alarm is "armed" when it is the in the Armed Zero Entry Delay/*9 command state. If I ask Alexa "what is the state of Home"/similar while the alarm is armed in "away" or "stay" modes, Alexa correctly informs m that Home is armed. However, if I ask the same question of Alexa when Home is Armed in a Zero Entry Delay/*9 command state, Alexa incorrectly states that Home is disarmed. Any advice/fix for this?

Thanks,
N123
dakol

Post by dakol »

R0okey wrote:I would also love to see support for Alexa routines? Any hope?
As a workaround for routines you can use the voice feature. As an example, Alex, set home alarm in away mode XXXX (where xxxx is the user code). I was able to do this and now when i leave my house, the alarm will set once I'm 500 ft away and disarms when i get home. I also set a couple of others such as getting ready for bed. It took a little bit of fiddling but works great now.
Ocalamike

Post by Ocalamike »

Is there a particular protocol to use a disarm command with an Alexa routine?

For example, I'd like to create an Alexa routine called "good morning" that would turn on a lamp and then disarm our Vista 20P system. Would the routine look something like this

1. Turn on chair lamp device
2. Change bulb brightness to 100%
3. Disarm home

Do I create a custom action that says "Alexa, disarm home" or something to that effect?

Likewise if I create a good night routine, would I say "Alexa arm stay"?

Thanks