Setup With Phone Dialer AND EVL-3

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pendetim

Setup With Phone Dialer AND EVL-3

Post by pendetim »

I have a Vista 20P panel monitored at AlarmRelay VIA phone line and want to add an EVL-3 to my system to see status, get alarms and arm/disarm etc

The directions seem to be written assuming the telephone dialer is not used or is a backup port to report.

What I want to do is have the panel send alarm and troubles first to the alarm company over the phone dialer AND then send an alert out the ELV-3.

I understand that *29 has to be set to 1 to enable the IP reporting.

*49 --- Where I am getting confused is the setup of *49 Split/dual reporting. If I set it to 5 as instructed, will this send "all" to both the dialer and the EVL-3?

*54--- Dynamic signal delay. If this is set to 0 will this force both the phone and ELV-3 to dial at the same time? If it is set to a 15 sec delay, will that inhibit the ELV-3 if the phone acknowledges communication with the alarm company?

*55-- If the *54 Dynamic delay is 0, does it make any difference what the value in *55 for the Dynamic signaling priority is since both go off at once?
dcuste

Re: Setup With Phone Dialer AND EVL-3

Post by dcuste »

I can't answer your questions except to say that I use both the dialer and ELV3 without any problems . My *29 is 1, *49 is 5, *54 is 0, *55 is 1. The ELV3 only gets the same data as the keypad Is getting.

My central office sends a sms. The last time I had an alarm , both the eyezon sms and the central office sms arrived within seconds of each other. The central office called about 30 seconds later.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Unfortunately, for Honeywell users only, you can't separate the signals for the POTS dialer and the Envisalink. It's just one of the crappy quirks of the panel.

In Ademco's defense, they may have not thought about people self-monitoring or even wanting information on their "phones" back in the 1990s when the technology was developed.

For Envisalerts+ users, you can have opening and closing signals generated just for Envisalerts and not have them sent to your central station. This is the only signal type you can do this.
pendetim

Post by pendetim »

Thanks to all... The Module is now up and running.

One suggestion: On my Honeywell panel, there were no pre-planned holes for the stand off mounts for the circuit board.

Can you consider adding a marking template to the instructions to make it easy to transfer the pattern? I was able to partially insert the plugs and use them as a marking guide holding the unit against the outside of the Ademco box.

Also there appears to be a typo on the "Quick-Start Manual" instructions for finding the honeywell php. The instructions say to navigate to www.eyezon.com/ezmain/------
when {I think} you mean www.eyez-on.com/ezmain/-------
gdraper

Post by gdraper »

pendetim wrote:Thanks to all... The Module is now up and running.

One suggestion: On my Honeywell panel, there were no pre-planned holes for the stand off mounts for the circuit board.

Can you consider adding a marking template to the instructions to make it easy to transfer the pattern? I was able to partially insert the plugs and use them as a marking guide holding the unit against the outside of the Ademco box.

Also there appears to be a typo on the "Quick-Start Manual" instructions for finding the honeywell php. The instructions say to navigate to http://www.eyezon.com/ezmain/------
when {I think} you mean http://www.eyez-on.com/ezmain/-------

YES - I was about to ask for the same template >>>>>>>>> I have an ademco vista 21 IP and the same mounting issues. Had to make my own template and drill holes to mount the EVL4. The other option would be to include the magnetic stand offs like they do with Konnect boards. its 2021 and I can not believe that there is only one post about this issue............ Now 2 posts