EVL4 and OpenHab missing status updates

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

palazzja

EVL4 and OpenHab missing status updates

Post by palazzja »

Hi everyone,

I have been running openhab with the DSC plugin and the EVL4 for several years without issue.
I noticed my EVL4 was updated to a new version a few months ago and for the past few months i am getting missed events in openhab.
I checked the logs on the plugin and all seems to be working correctly.

I have rules to notify me if a door is open for longer than 5 minutes. In some cases the door will close, the DSC will show closed, the EVL4 will show closed, but the notification was never sent to openhab. I tried this with my old Vera setup and i was getting the same issue intermittently.

If i open and close the door again everything syncs up. I cannot reproduce it on demand but it is happening more frequently.

Is there any way I can revert to the previous firmware to see if it fixes the issue? All other non DSC events are working perfectly fine in the Openhab server.
DoinitSideways

Re: EVL4 and OpenHab missing status updates

Post by DoinitSideways »

Hey mate, ever work this one out? I just upgraded the evl and now my eyez on app and my homebridge plug in are both SOOOO slow to update… if they even do! Even the EyezON app takes forever to update status…