Night Arm a DSC1616 with EnvisaLink4?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Aya

Night Arm a DSC1616 with EnvisaLink4?

Post by Aya »

Hi,

I have a DSC1616 and am remote controlling it with the EnvisaLink4 through the TPI API.

I got everything working fine except that I am missing a "Night Arm" mode. I believe there is no built-in Night Arm mode in the DSC1616/EVL4, right?
As a work-around I'd like to arm the system in "Stay" mode while bypassing the bedroom windows.

This sounded easy to do on paper with the TPI API, until I realized that there is no designated command to enable/disable/check zone bypasses.
All I could find is that I apparently have to use the 071 command to send some custom key strokes?

I read in some other forum post that I can send

Code: Select all

0711*1#
to query all bypass states of partition 1, or send

Code: Select all

0711*104#
to bypass zone 04 for example.

However, I tried doing that and it didn't seem to work. Quite the opposite actually since my system was all of a sudden armed in "Away Arm"?!

What's the most proper way to implement this?
Is there some more documentation about the keystrokes of the 071 command somewhere? What exactly are those keystrokes I am sending there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Aya
GrandWizard

Re: Night Arm a DSC1616 with EnvisaLink4?

Post by GrandWizard »

Do you have any Night Zones programmed? Otherwise hitting *1 while in STAY mode will put you into AWAY mode.

From the manual.....

Night Arming
To fully arm the system when it has been armed in Stay Mode, press [*][1] at any keypad. All interior
zones will now be armed except for devices programmed as Night Zones. Night zones are only armed
in Away mode, this permits limited movement within the premises when the system is fully armed.
Ensure that your installer has provided you with a list identifying zones programmed as night zones.
When the interior zones have been activated (i.e., (*)(1) you must enter your access code to disarm
the system to gain access to interior areas that have not been programmed as night zones.
Aya

Post by Aya »

Oh, so *1 while in Stay Arm puts it into Away Arm, then it makes sense why that happened to me.

So I guess I can only set zone bypasses while the system is disarmed?
If so, there a way to query the bypass status of zones while the system is armed?
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

No, not while armed. Disarmed you would use command 616.

You would first do an arbitrary keystroke 071 to go into and out of bypass mode, while disarmed.

0711*1#

Which triggers an 616. That will tell you what zones are bypassed.
Aya

Post by Aya »

I got it working! Thanks a lot! :D