EnvisAlarm/Monitoring Station

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

gschrader

EnvisAlarm/Monitoring Station

Post by gschrader »

So the wife asked me if we could get rid of the home phone line. Our current monitoring is through that line so I'm looking at options and obviously EnvisAlarm looks to be my best bet.

I asked if she'd be happy with just phone alerts but she wants the monitoring company to call us when she accidentally sets it off in the morning ;) We've had an EVL3 for a long time that just works but I think I'd like the LTE backup as our phone/internet line could be easy to cut.

So it looks like I would have to either upgrade to an EVL4/Sidekick or DUO, I presume DUO would make the most sense.

What I don't really understand about EnvisAlarm is what does the "ULC Listed Monitoring Station" actually mean would they be looking after just handling the notifications from the panel, who keeps track of the list of keyholders/call list, etc.? Or am I completely misunderstanding what EnvisAlarm is?
GrandWizard

Re: EnvisAlarm/Monitoring Station

Post by GrandWizard »

With Envisalarms, the alarm signals that go to our Envisalerts cloud service also go, independently, to one of our central station monitoring partners. From then on the response is the same as the monitoring service that you have now.

Special instuctions and things like the keyholder list, are all entered on your Eyezon portal and updated in real-time with the central station. You will get a 1-800 to deal directly with the station in emergencies or if you are doing maintenance.

So basically it is the same monitoring service you have now but without the phone line and at half the price. Easy.
gschrader

Post by gschrader »

Thank you for clarifying that for me! I have some followup questions.

If I go with the DUO, there isn't much point in keeping the EVL3 installed is there? Would keeping it installed allow for multiple TPI connections (not sure I really have a use case for this either though)?

I presume I'd have to disable the current phone behaviour aside from just unplugging the phone line. I think I've seen the programming instructions in my travels so I'll track that down again. I have the installer code from the scripts available. So I should be good on that front right?
gschrader

Post by gschrader »

I'll kind of answer my one question myself, spotted your response in another thread.
It will also support 2 simultaneous connections which is nice
I can't see a reason to keep the EVL3 installed.

I really should be browsing this forum more often ;)
gschrader

Post by gschrader »

I think I've found enough searching the forums to answer my other question, I need to disable TLM, which appears to be the 015 7 option and maybe the 371 and 380 need to change as well. The forum not allowing to search with only 3 characters is a little painful.