Intermittent user code lockout on Vista 20P

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

jgifco

Intermittent user code lockout on Vista 20P

Post by jgifco »

My Ademco Vista 20P home alarm with Envisalink4 somehow managed to create a "user code lockout" condition twice over the last 60 days, each time with no apparent cause, and each time it has occurred late in the evening when we're at home and I can verify that neither of us has entered the required 30 wrong keypresses specified by Ademco for the condition to occur. I have verified all the keypad (3 total) and other addresses via 20P programming, etc., and the system has been functioning flawlessly (including both internet and cellular EyezOn devices) for several years, so this is a new problem. Is it possible, or even conceivable that either the EnvisaLink or Sidekick devices might be responsible?
GrandWizard

Re: Intermittent user code lockout on Vista 20P

Post by GrandWizard »

Well, not by itself. The Envisalink has TPI port for home automation systems, this usually the culprit. If not, the Envisalink is connected to the app and you might be accidentally triggering something there.

Submit a tech support request and we can look at your transmit log and tell you if it came from the portal or the app.