Ademco-10SE circa 1998

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

stuerke@ieee.org

Ademco-10SE circa 1998

Post by stuerke@ieee.org »

An ADEMCO-10SE came with the house when we purchased it. Probably installed around 1998. It works OK; arms, alarms, chimes etc. Monitoring has been disabled. Has two keypads, both fixed word english. Has 4 hardwired door sensors zones plus six hardwired window sensors in series for one zone.
Will an EnvisaLink work with this old alarm. It has the 4 wire interface and I have good hardwired internet nearby.
GrandWizard

Re: Ademco-10SE circa 1998

Post by GrandWizard »

No, the old SE's are not compatible. The Envisalink works on the newer ECP bus.

If you're handy you can swap the panel out for a new Vista 20P for about $60. You should be able to reuse one of the keypads but that depends on the model. You can reuse all of your hardwired sensors as of course.
stuerke@ieee.org

Post by stuerke@ieee.org »

Thanks. I was expecting that.

I'm looking at a $300 kit on Amazon that includes:
One (1) Honeywell Vista 20P V10.23 (Newest) and a Wave2 Siren
One (1) EyezOn Envisalink EVL-4EZ
One (1) Honeywell 6160 Custom Alpha Keypad
One (1) Honeywell IS335 PIR Motion Sensor
Three (3) Honeywell 7939WG-WH Hardwired Contacts

Am I going down the wrong path?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Nope. Are you adding more zones? You can re-use your existing hardware zones from the SE.
tmack-1

Post by tmack-1 »

I upgraded my Vista20P cira 1998 that had fix text keypad to a newer Vista 20P (current firmware). I used the 6160RF keypad. We purchased the original as a package and only got what window and doors sensors that were in the package (didn't cover the whole ground floor of the house). Got the new panel on eBay, and the keypad (w/ a few sensors and fob) also on eBay. I was able to use the old siren.

Since it was same style panel, it was just swapping wires from old to the new. The 10Se is similar wiring. You should download all the manuals (there are lots out there) to check variations. I had actually downloaded the Vista 10, 15 & 20 (all free) to see if my old system could be made to work. For the new panel install and programming, I downloaded a programing guide and also a programing checklist. One or two OOP's at programming (like exiting the wrong way, and how to name the zones) ) but then figured it out and got it to work. Also bought a key-fob and wireless window and door sensors to add to the system.

Very happy with results. The Envisalink 4 was easy to setup. The Keypad allowed me to name zones so I can see what''s open easily. The RF keypad allows adding a bunch of wireless sensors. The key fob is handy but don't use it much, it was more for handing to In-Laws when they watch the house when we are on vacation. The EYES-ON app is what I really really like. I work 3Pm to 11PM and my wife is a nurse on days. When I get home, I use the app to disarm the system before coming into the house, so the normal entrance beeping doesn't wake my wife. I have the notifications setup so I get alarms, network outages and power outages. My wife, only alarms.

It would be nice to have Google Home access (hint hint admins). one day.....
Engineers Design Things, Technicians Make Them Work.
guinness

Post by guinness »

There is another product called AD2USB that does support 10SE panels. Since the 10SE uses non-addressable keypads, you have to configure your keypad to use address 31.

For those replacing the panel, you'll lose programming but there's a cheat sheet at Vista 20P Programming Guide that'll get you started.

If you only have a fixed word keypad and don't want to pay the extra to get the custom alpha keypad, you can do programming on the Envisalink using https://github.com/mguinness/ConsoleKeypad. For a new install you would temporarily set it's keypad address to 16 during setup.