Comms failure error

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dougpark464

Comms failure error

Post by dougpark464 »

I recently moved to Eyezon monitoring from a different monitoring service that was using DSC GSM communicator. Changing a wireless smoke alarm battery triggered a tamper alert. I got a call within seconds from Eyezon monitoring which was impressive.

But later I noticed a Comms failure on my keypad which I've never seen in the past. Eyezon portal shows "Phone number 1 FTC". Is this error because I'm no longer using the DSC GSM communicator with my old service provider or it actually trying to make a phone call and there's no land line configured? Any idea how to best clear this alert?

I was planning to go into the panel with my installer code and either go into section 380 to turn off the communicator option or section 015 to turn off telephone line monitoring. Any thoughts?
dougpark464

Re: Comms failure error

Post by dougpark464 »

Fyi, resolved.

Turned off option 1 on section 380. Error still persistent. Did *6, 4 to clear error. Error still persisted. Rebooted system with backup battery removed which finally removed the error..

I'm hoping turning off option 1 on section 380 does not impact communications to Eyezon monitoring.
guinness

Re: Comms failure error

Post by guinness »

I don't know much regarding DSC systems, but removing phone numbers from programming should prevent that in the future. Did you remove the GSM communicator or leave it in place?

I'm not sure about about Eyezon, but with other alarm monitoring stations you can call them and let them know you'll be testing. Afterwards trip the alarm in the house from different zones and then cancel alarm. Then call them back and confirm that all activations were received.

You probably know this now, but in the future when you change batteries you put the system into local test mode to prevent the tamper signal from being sent. I learnt this the hard way and will probably forget next time around too!