export/import zone labels?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

bunkerbob

export/import zone labels?

Post by bunkerbob »

I'm trying to find a way to transfer the Envisalink in my house to a new owner. Ideally I'd like to preserve the current configuration, but can't see any way to do that: other posts on this forum suggest I need to delete the system from my account, and then have the new owner create their own account, and basically start from scratch like it was a new installation.

Am I missing any tricks that would make this less time consuming for the new owner? The system has 64 zones that took quite a while to label the first time around, so it would be super helpful if I could export the labels, and then provide the file to the new owner to import them. I see a "Copy" function that seems to allow the copying of labels between systems on a single account, but can't see a way to use that to copy from one account to another. I was able to create a text file with all the zone labels by copying from the web, but that will still leave the new owner typing in all those labels.

Unfortunately my account has multiple systems in it, otherwise I'd just let the new owner take over my existing account to allow a seamless transition.

Appreciate any feedback...
GrandWizard

Re: export/import zone labels?

Post by GrandWizard »

No, we have no way of exporting or importing zone labels, just transferring them between devices on a single account.
bunkerbob

Re: export/import zone labels?

Post by bunkerbob »

OK, thanks for confirming that I wasn't missing something