New EVL4 Honeywell (Vista 20P) - No Alarm Notifications

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

wifiman

New EVL4 Honeywell (Vista 20P) - No Alarm Notifications

Post by wifiman »

Hello, I am just getting my EVL4 + EyezOn integration working with my Vista 20P panel. I just removed ADT/Protection1 monitoring.

I believe that I have a programming issue on the Vista 20P panel. I've followed all of the guides for EyezOn setup and my EVL4 is communicating well with the panel. I can arm it from the website; I do not have any errors. All of my zones show up. I get notifications when I arm the panel or disarm it. The fire, police, and medical buttons on the system keypad all work and cause notifications on EyezOn too.

However, I cannot get a regular alarm event to register. I can arm my panel and then open a perimeter door and let the entry timeout expire. The keypad and siren both sound, but nothing registers on the EyezOn site. I don't see any indication that an alarm occurred. I only see the regular "Opening by user" entry when I correctly enter the code to disarm the system.

I am not super knowledgeable with the Vista 20P / Honeywell programming, but I can get into programming mode fine and I've double-checked that all of the standard programming steps for Honeywell have been entered. TIA for any suggestions.
GrandWizard

Re: New EVL4 Honeywell (Vista 20P) - No Alarm Notifications

Post by GrandWizard »

1) Are you waiting a full 2 minutes after exit delay before faulting an exit zone AND letting the siren sound for at least 30 seconds before disarming the partition? If not the panel does not see this as valid alarm.

2) The reporting codes for all zones have to be non-zero. The default reporting code on newer panels is 10, I would make sure that is the case for all of your zones.
wifiman

Post by wifiman »

Thank you very much for your help; you were right, I wasn't waiting long enough after the siren to disarm to see the alert.

Are those delays to detecting a "valid alarm" fixed? Can I adjust that via programming? Since I am now thinking about self-monitoring, waiting another 30 seconds seems unnecessary.
Jcorp5

Post by Jcorp5 »

Has anyone discovered how to remove those delays to detecting a "valid alarm"? Can the delay be eliminated? No need to wait an additional 30 sec with self monitoring.