How to reset DSC telephone line / communications error

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dak64

How to reset DSC telephone line / communications error

Post by dak64 »

I have just installed EnvisaLink EVL4 and got it all working. But can anyone tell me how to reset my DSC 5010 / Power 832 so that it no longer shows the orange trouble light. I have erased the telephone numbers from the 301/302/303 programming (well, I set them to "DFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF") and I have unplugged the old phone line (which used to go to a different company's VoIP adapter that is now decommissioned).

What more do I have to do so that the system will not continuously show that there is a communications and telephone line error?

Thanks,
DAK
GrandWizard

Re: How to reset DSC telephone line / communications error

Post by GrandWizard »

That error is called TLM (Telephone Line Monitoring) trouble. TLM monitors if the telephone line is actually there, not if there is a number programmed into the dialer. If you leave your VoIP adapter connected the error would go away

To turn off TLM monitoring go to section 015, and turn option 7 off.

Also, you don't have to remove the phone number to turn off the dialer, you can simply go to section 380 and turn option 1 off. "Communications OFF"
dak64

Re: How to reset DSC telephone line / communications error

Post by dak64 »

Thank you. I have programmed my system not to check the phone line an not to dial. After a reset all is good.